Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Login form in the side menu?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alla
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - March 02 2004 :  14:52:53  Show Profile  Visit alla's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry if this is another simple question, but I'm not really all that familiar with ASP, and I was assigned to help configure this software...

I am wondering if there was any way of getting the login form in the menu on the left side so that it is always available for people to use instead of having to click on "Login" every time. I did manage to hack some code, copy/paste, edit a few things, and I sort of got it in there. I'm still running into some problems, and at this point I am wondering if there was an easier way to do all this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Roman

jonmadrid
VP-CART New User

USA
192 Posts

Posted - March 02 2004 :  15:05:18  Show Profile  Visit jonmadrid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Roman,

Here is an example you can try. I took it from a site that I did, and just stripped out the styles and whatnot. It should at least give you an idea of form elements you need, where to submit the form, etc:

<form action="shoplogin.asp" method="post">
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<tr>
<td>Login</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>E-Mail: </td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><input name="stremail" type="text" id="stremail2" size="20"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Password:</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><input name="strpassword" type="password" id="strpassword2" size="20"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><input name="submit" type="submit">
<input type="hidden" name="returnurl" value="shopcustadmin.asp?msg=Login+successful">
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</form>

Hope this helps.

All the best,

Jon Madrid
--------------------
Madrid Communications
Web Design, Development, and Hosting
www.madridcom.com
Go to Top of Page

alla
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - March 02 2004 :  15:13:11  Show Profile  Visit alla's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, that is a lot simpler than what I was trying to do! I am used to the WYSIWYG HTML web design, and trying to encompass all of this ASP which is new to me is quite a task!

I looked at the way everything was setup in shopcustadminlogin.asp, and tried to add all that to the shoppage_header. Man, after quite a bit of chopping it still didn't look right. I thought I -had- to use the same syntax as the ASP code. What you just pasted seems a lot easier and makes more sense to me.

Thanks again! You've been a great help.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00