Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Adding text to shopaddtocart.asp
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

IfOnly
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
90 Posts

Posted - March 02 2004 :  10:31:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have discovered that Norton Internet Security 2004 causes an error page if the customer clicks 'Continue shopping'and was wanting to place a warning.
I found the language to amend but as it was so large, Support said I would have to add it as a new language and not merge with database.
I did that but the message I added from "<p>If you are..." still does not display(other changes elsewhere do though)
The code is below does anyone know why it won't show please?
(PS the fix for NIS2004 is to turn off the 'Browser privacy' setting in the 'Privacy Control' 'Custom settings'- what a pain, most sufers who hit this would just move away!)
LangCart02="    These are your current items in your shopping cart.<br>You can alter the quantity and then click recalculate. <br>To delete an item, click the check box and then recalculate.
<p>If you are running a program such as Norton Internet Security,
pressing the Continue Shopping button may produce an error.<br>
Just click Back in
your browser and use the link to Home or disable the NIS browser privacy
settings.</p>"
LangCart03="Continue Shopping"

Regards

Phil

Edited by - IfOnly on March 02 2004 10:37:50

ProductivePC
VP-CART New User

USA
199 Posts

Posted - March 02 2004 :  20:49:22  Show Profile  Visit ProductivePC's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Have you tried to take the <p> </p> out? Instead of the <p> try using a <br> there as well. That is just a guess however let me know if it worked.

Hope it helps.

Wayne
www.WorldFamousGiftBaskets.net
Go to Top of Page

IfOnly
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
90 Posts

Posted - March 03 2004 :  03:30:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Wayne - you were on the right track but any time I had the next bit of text on the line below, it failed to appear. Once I removed all the space bar usage and then brought all the text on one line it all appeared.
Does anyone know of a fix for this as it is so awkward to view the file with this massive horizontical scroll.

LangCart02=" These are your current items in your shopping cart.<br>You can alter the quantity and then click recalculate. <br>To delete an item, click the Remove Button and then recalculate. <br>If you are running a program such as Norton Internet Security, pressing the Continue Shopping button may produce an error.<br> Just click Back in your browser and use the link to Home or disable the NIS browser privacy settings."

Regards

Phil
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00