Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Comments about VP-ASP
 Forum VB Code Bug??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ProductivePC
VP-CART New User

USA
199 Posts

Posted - March 01 2004 :  17:04:15  Show Profile  Visit ProductivePC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know that this isn't listed in your forum code however this is pretty much standardized code within this type of a forum when you want to type a url you can either just type the url to make it a link such as www.worldfamousgiftbaskets.net or you can use the url tags.

Strangely enough, I could not get the [ code] [/code] to work properly in this post. If I used them and the "click here" was after the end tag none of the tags would work however if the click here was prior to the begin tag then all of them would work regardless of the code tags.... hence the spaces the the tags.

Come to find out if I am posting more than one URL it looks like this causes a major problem in your forum. so I am going to have to post these as replies to show you what I am talking about

Wayne
www.WorldFamousGiftBaskets.net

Edited by - ProductivePC on March 01 2004 17:25:51

ProductivePC
VP-CART New User

USA
199 Posts

Posted - March 01 2004 :  17:22:19  Show Profile  Visit ProductivePC's Homepage  Reply with Quote

You can usually type out a URL as such without the space:

[ url]www.worldfamousgiftbaskets.net[/url].

Wayne
Go to Top of Page

ProductivePC
VP-CART New User

USA
199 Posts

Posted - March 01 2004 :  17:23:44  Show Profile  Visit ProductivePC's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Now, if you want to get creative you can usually type in
[ url="www.worldfamousgiftbaskets.net"]Click Here[/url]
and that will turn out like

Wayne
Go to Top of Page

ProductivePC
VP-CART New User

USA
199 Posts

Posted - March 01 2004 :  17:24:40  Show Profile  Visit ProductivePC's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Click Here
However this does not work. Click on the click here and see where it takes you. It should take you to www.worldfamousgiftbaskets.net but it tries to add it to the vpasp website.

If you would like to see the errors I was getting just copy and paste all of this text (minus the signatures) and place it into 1 forum textbox. Click the preview button and be prepared for some weird effects. Even if you post the errors are still there.

Wayne

Edited by - ProductivePC on March 01 2004 17:28:03
Go to Top of Page

jonmadrid
VP-CART New User

USA
192 Posts

Posted - March 01 2004 :  18:46:20  Show Profile  Visit jonmadrid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Wayne,

I think it's because you left out the HTTP:// part of the url. You need to include that in order for it to be recognized as a link to another site. Here is an example with the HTTP...

Click Here

Hope that helps.

All the best,

Jon Madrid
--------------------
Madrid Communications
Web Design, Development, and Hosting
www.madridcom.com
Go to Top of Page

ProductivePC
VP-CART New User

USA
199 Posts

Posted - March 01 2004 :  23:52:23  Show Profile  Visit ProductivePC's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Thanks Jon. Again, as I have mentioned in a lot of my posts. USER ERROR! lol
Click Here Now

Wayne
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00