Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.00 Questions
 stop befor credit card info
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

justin123
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - February 19 2004 :  08:05:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all
Any help appreciated.

I would like to only get the order information and address/shipping info etc from the online users, I do not want them to pay online. Orders are processed and shipped out to wholesalers and are COD.

How would I go about doing this?

Thanks
Justin

jonmadrid
VP-CART New User

USA
192 Posts

Posted - February 19 2004 :  10:26:13  Show Profile  Visit jonmadrid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Justin,

I just tried this and it seemed to work ok. Here it goes:

Change 'xcheckout' in the config settings from the regular checkout page to 'shopthanks.asp'. Thats it!

That just bypasses the payment page and sends them straight to the order completion / thank you page. I checked and it did everything it was supposed to do as well: stored the order in the DB, sent the notification e-mails, etc.

You will also likely want to change a few ancialliary things such as the format of the shopthanks.asp page to remove/alter the payment information area. The main part of what you needed done is done with that config setting to bypass the payment page though.

Hope that helps!

All the best,

Jon Madrid
--------------------
Madrid Communications
Web Design, Development, and Hosting
www.madridcom.com
Go to Top of Page

siraj
VP-CART New User

USA
194 Posts

Posted - February 20 2004 :  01:01:44  Show Profile  Visit siraj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Other way to not to show the Credit Card is,
1. Logon to Shop Configration and then Click on to payment method
set xallowcreditcard to "NO", xallowotherpayments "YES" and xotherpaymenttypes "COD". What this one does is The credit card form will not be displayed and methid of payment is COD wil be there in your checkout page. This way you dont have modify your rest of pages and being COD is a method of payment.

2. This one is little bit coding, but easy. Just go to shopcheckout.asp and commentout 'DisplayCreditCardForm and neccessary langauge, you will be done.
GOOD LUCK.
SJ.

[email protected]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00