Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 read-only database
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jeberlan
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - February 18 2004 :  19:57:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm evaluating the software so I've just downloaded the free version. I've done some shopping on the demo pages that came with the download and when I click Continue on the check out page I get this:

Error Type:
Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80040E09)
Cannot update. Database or object is read-only.
/vpasp/shop$db.asp, line 1279

Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705)

Page:
POST 301 bytes to /vpasp/shopcustomer.asp

Any thoughts?

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - February 18 2004 :  20:04:03  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You have hit on the most common problem associated with setting up VP-ASP. Please read our Faq at http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/info/faq_setup.htm

Most web hosting companies make their directories read only. You have put the database into the same directory as the scripts and therefore the database cannot be written.

Most web hosting companies that deal with databases on a regular basis know this and provide a separate directory for the database. You need to move shopping.mdb to that directory.

After you move it, you need to update 1 line in shop$config.asp to point to the new directory.
See www.vpasp.com/virtprog/info/faq_databasesetup.htm for various shop$config.asp settings

VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page

siraj
VP-CART New User

USA
194 Posts

Posted - February 18 2004 :  22:05:34  Show Profile  Visit siraj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am assuming you are using your local computer to test this and its XP or Win 2000/2003!
If so, you have not set the directory permision right! In order to do that, just go the directory where your database is located, and right click -->Properties, then click on the Security tab, and then Add --> Everyone --> Assign the Full Control.
You can find more posting about this issue in this forum.
Once you are tested and please ready to start your shop, follow the security instruction available at vpasp.com.
GOOD LUCK.
SJ.

[email protected]

Edited by - siraj on February 19 2004 01:47:13
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00