Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Catmemo field
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

plasma
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - February 17 2004 :  11:04:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there a definitive way for implementing the catmemo field in the categories? If someone is using it could you please show me the code you used.
I would like to have small desciptions in the categories, at the top of the page.

Thanks, David.

ProductivePC
VP-CART New User

USA
199 Posts

Posted - February 17 2004 :  21:44:10  Show Profile  Visit ProductivePC's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Dave, let me get this correct. You want the ability to change the catmemo descriptions on the webpage at will. I don't know what version of the shopping cart you are using or what database you are using so this answer is based upon the verison 5.0 with an access database.

1. Open the database
2. Go to the Categories Table
3. Look for your CatMemo column. It should be over to the right and you will have to scroll depending on the resolution of your computer.
4. If you see anything there then change it to what you want it to say.
5. Upload your database. Don't forget to backup the old one first.

Anything that change in there should change on the website. I have not attempted this myself but I have been in and out of the database extensively.

However, this is all dependent upon how you are set up and how your programming is done. Currently I have my website set up where nothing comes from catmemo, it comes from cat description and that is where I can change everything which is also located in that same categories table.

Hope it helps

Wayne
www.WorldFamousGiftBaskets.net

Edited by - ProductivePC on February 17 2004 21:45:35
Go to Top of Page

plasma
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - February 18 2004 :  18:42:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm using version 5, with a SQL database.
So do I just have to make a new table called catmemo?

Thanks, David.

Go to Top of Page

ProductivePC
VP-CART New User

USA
199 Posts

Posted - February 18 2004 :  21:29:29  Show Profile  Visit ProductivePC's Homepage  Reply with Quote

I am unfamiliar with MySQL. However CatMemo inside access is not a table itself. It is an option within the table "categories".

Hope it helps.

Wayne
www.WorldFamousGiftBaskets.net
Go to Top of Page

siraj
VP-CART New User

USA
194 Posts

Posted - February 18 2004 :  21:57:22  Show Profile  Visit siraj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You can use get catmemo is just field in categories table. You dont have to do anything to make use of catmemo field. Just login into admin pages and edit categories, then clcik on the category you want to insert catememo and you can see the field in that.
If you need to have description, catedescription would be fine. But I really dont know what you are looking for, and if you are little bit clear in what you are looking for, I can help you out.
GOOD LUCK.
SJ.

[email protected]
Go to Top of Page

rrold1
Starting Member

48 Posts

Posted - February 25 2004 :  09:37:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you want to display some text at the top of a category, create an html file with the text and enter the file name in the catextra field.

I created a new directory called categorytext and I keep the files there. An entry in the field would look like:
categorytext/acmetext.htm

Steve

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00