Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 FedEx + 20 percent markup
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jpipitone
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - February 10 2004 :  10:09:10  Show Profile  Visit jpipitone's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm using the FedEx module, and on line 317 i've placed this line of code:

Price=Price + (Price * 0.20)

The price of shipping needs to be calculated by weight, with a 20% markup. Is this correct? The client says that the prices are either too high, or too low.

HELP!!

jpipitone
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - February 10 2004 :  10:10:57  Show Profile  Visit jpipitone's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Also, I need to calculate prices based on Zone 2.....

Go to Top of Page

siraj
VP-CART New User

USA
194 Posts

Posted - February 10 2004 :  18:57:12  Show Profile  Visit siraj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In shipping there so many unknown factors involved. Most of the time, we calcualte shipping on product weight. But in reality, we have packing materials and dimension and lot of other factors involved. Only you can provided the estimated shipping charges. In order to over come, if you have only few products, then you include the packing weight with item weight. But if you have products over 100s then you may have to come up with some kind of study formaula like you have above, price or weight and markup.
Answering to jpipitone's post, I dont see why its too low becuase most of the time it varies highest + or 10%. Like I said earlier post, if you dont have correct shipping rates table, then you get the all kind of variations. You might have west coast table while you are in east.
GOOD LUCK.
SJ.

[email protected]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00