Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Struggling with set up order
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

IfOnly
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
90 Posts

Posted - February 09 2004 :  10:50:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I seem to want to be jumping all over the place when trying to set up the store from the Developers manual.
Can someone from experience say whether it is best to start at page 1 and change everthing in almost page number order.
I have tried to set the Language(why is this at the end? - in all Windows set ups you start with what version (English British) you want), Administration, but that seems to jump. I then moved to Catergories and Products, which was next in the Admin section. Page 81 mentioned features, I wondered how to add sizes and thought the Hotel upgrade example would help me. I could not work it out - only to eventually discover that the Features are covered on page 32 !!!

Could someone give me divine guidance on the order please?

Your frustratedly
Phil

siraj
VP-CART New User

USA
194 Posts

Posted - February 09 2004 :  11:33:13  Show Profile  Visit siraj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there...
Setting up may be different from developers to developers. But I would sugest you to go by modules by modules. Something like, product, shipping, payment, .... things like that rather than jumping here and there.
AS you experimenting with VP-ASP, I would rahter say, leave the language as it is and go to product.
** Setup category table, feaure table and then setup your products.
** If you are using different pricing like quantity and customer set up those too.
** Then move to Shipping..... setup all of your shipping calculation
Once you are throgh with these you will be alright and you can jump up to anywhere.... IT really does not matter.
GOOD LUCK.
SJ.

[email protected]
Go to Top of Page

GTM
VP-CART New User

USA
122 Posts

Posted - February 09 2004 :  17:28:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As far as setting the basic look and feel of the website you look at:
shoppage_header.htm (header of site)
shoppage_trailer.htm (bottom navigation)
shop$colors.asp (Used to modify tables and fonts, search fields, product fields)
shop$language_english.asp (Most of the english words used in the cart)
shop.css (This is the CSS-cascading style sheets- applied to the cart)

This is a rudimentry list but it is something to start.

Greg

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00