Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Electronic Gateways
 Testing Paypal
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

harnessg
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - January 07 2004 :  21:17:24  Show Profile  Visit harnessg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is there a way to test Paypal transactions without actually sending real money? I'd hate to make my store live without first doing some testing to see if it all works.

Glen

Jill
VP-CART Super User

USA
249 Posts

Posted - January 07 2004 :  23:11:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unless something has changed, they say you have to do a real sale to test. I suppose you could make up a product that costs a dollar or something.

Jill

Go to Top of Page

jonmadrid
VP-CART New User

USA
192 Posts

Posted - January 08 2004 :  07:07:03  Show Profile  Visit jonmadrid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As Jill said, you could do a real sale test but you could then just refund it straight away.

All the best,

Jon Madrid
--------------------
Madrid Communications
Web Design, Development, and Hosting
www.madridcom.com
Go to Top of Page

harnessg
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - January 10 2004 :  16:20:03  Show Profile  Visit harnessg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Makes sense. I think when I signed up they sent a transaction through for something like .29 cents.

Glen

Go to Top of Page

jezzell
Starting Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - April 10 2005 :  16:52:19  Show Profile  Visit jezzell's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was just playing with this. Paypal now has a SandBox where you can test their system with the gateway. I'm still playing with it, but it's in the Paypal Developer Network area.

Jim Ezzell
InteSystems.com
http://www.InteSystems.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00