Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Get a VP-ASP Invoice & Packing Slip Utility
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - February 04 2004 :  07:50:35  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
patrickong; siraj is right; if you wanted the packingslip to show the image next to each product ordered, it'd be a small customisation that would be quite quick/easy to do.

As the packingslip now comes in 2 sections (customer slip and admin slip), you could have either/both changed to display the product picture.

If you wanted the picture to show up in the admin order summary page (display orders), that'd need customisation of shopa_displayorders.asp.

If you want the picture thing added to the packingslip, I'd be happy to do that in return for your buying the packingslip "installation service" (in addition to the packingslip itself in the first place, of course!), in which case you'd get the installation and the customised (with-pictures) slip.

If you've already bought the packingslip and want the pictures added to the slip(s), then just purchase the installation service and I'll contact you via email and set it all up for you.

Hope that helps.
Many thanks.
Simon Barnaby
[email protected]

Edited by - devshb on November 01 2004 07:10:54
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 02 2004 :  14:56:25  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Our Packing Slip & Invoice utility for VP-ASP sites has now had various enhancements added to it, which will hopefully make it even more useful and easy to use for vp-asp users.

You can view more details about it, and/or purchase it through:

http://bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=18

also, if you like this, you might also like the Froogle Feed File Creator add-on:
http://bigyellowzone.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?product=froogle

The enhancements that have now been applied to the slip are:

1. Page-Breaking
----------------
The new version of the slip now allows you to have optional page-breaking, so that if a slip spills over to more than one physical printed page then you can get it to repeat the header and show page numbers.
See the comments in the config files for more details (this is option number 16 in the new config files).

2. Product Features
-------------------
For some merchants, product features are essential for the slip/receipt to be valid (for example, a merchant that sells clothes would need the size included). Product features are now shown by default in the order-items box if they are relevant to the product that's in the slip.

3. Product Description Line
---------------------------
Different merchants may want to display the product description in the order-items box slightly differently, so we've centralised the relevant function and added comments so that you can easily customise it to show the product code/description/features etc in the format that you want.
This is the FuPackingSlipSetupProductDescText function in the main shopa_packingslip.asp/shopa_custpackingslip.asp files (near the bottom of those files). Change this function if, for example, you want to show the product name but not the code etc.

4. Country Codes
----------------
Some merchants don't use the vp-asp country-code poplist, and instead just allow free-format text for country names - the country codes file (shopcountriesutils.asp) has been changed so that if the country code isn't in the standard vp-asp list of country codes then it'll show the code instead of the description; this allows it to work with either the vp-asp country codes or free-format text without you having to make any changes to the programs/data.

If any customers who purchase the slip find that you need to customise the slip programmatically (ie not just changing the config options, but changing the actual programs), then please let us know as we may apply such customisations to our generic slip for you and then give you a free update, as per the above 4 new options that have all been added by us thanks to feedback that we've received from customers.

A big thanks to all of our customers who have given us feedback so that we could improve the slip for the whole vp-asp community - such feedback is always welcome and is always seriously considered/applied, as you can see by this new update.

If you have any problems, questions, or feedback regarding the slip, please feel free to email us at:
[email protected]

Many thanks.

Simon Barnaby

Edited by - devshb on November 01 2004 07:12:35
Go to Top of Page

jfbevilaqua
Starting Member

USA
23 Posts

Posted - March 20 2004 :  06:20:38  Show Profile  Visit jfbevilaqua's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just purchased and installed the Invoice and Packing List add-ins
or bolt-ons from Big Yellow Box and I am really impressed. This
add-in saved both my customer and myself days of work to produce
even an approximate equivalent. In fact, it even helped to make the
sale because I did not have to add in days of coding (and tons of dough)
to get them to where they wanted to be. It works as advertised and is
a very well designed and very much bug free Professional Invoice and
a Packing Slip Utility. I am adding it to the shopthankyou.asp page
in place of the Printer Friendly Invoice Print Option there now. It
runs now from both the Admin side (Packing Slip or Invoice) and from the self-help Customer Service side (Invoice Only) like clockwork. I will
be trying out their new Froogle extract/upload links system next week if
time permits and I expect to be equally impressed. This guy, Simon
Barnaby, is a great coder and has produced two modules for under
$50.00 each which every VP-ASP site should have included. But that
is just my personal opinion based on hands-on experience. Thanks,
Simon for a job well done. Keep up the good work.

Go to Top of Page

jfbevilaqua
Starting Member

USA
23 Posts

Posted - March 23 2004 :  08:19:36  Show Profile  Visit jfbevilaqua's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That Invoice and Packing Slip utility from Big
Yellow Box is well worth the $45.00 investment
IMHO. He even modified it so it can work from
the ShopThankYou.asp checkout page using a
session variable if the user is not logged in as a
registered user. Amazing stuff. Also during the
Customer Service Session we are giving them a
chance to print a Packing Slip or an Invoice which
are essentially equivalent. That means we might
be one of the few sites using VP-ASP, the Big Yellow
Box Invoice and Froogle uploads, the YVS cart added
bolt-ons and the UPS database Zone lookups and
the USPS on-line Systems too all rolled into one.
We had to adjust the UPS tables by 12.5% to cover
recent surcharges, and the weight of boxes and
packing materials which are not in the tables now
so be careful on relying on those values now. Oh,
he is also going for Live Support by XIGLA from
South America as a bonus package. Now there
is a parlayed combination that cost him less than
$750.00 and he has a super-sonic site. Course I
had to charge $1.98 to put it all together. <grin>

Will let you know when it is all done and integrated.
We might go live next week if all works out well.

Regards,
John Bevilaqua

Go to Top of Page

Justin
VP-CART New User

87 Posts

Posted - October 12 2004 :  17:47:07  Show Profile  Visit Justin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi -

Just wondering if you have a .pdf version of the packing slip that I could show my client. Thanks!

Justin

Go to Top of Page

jdkerr
Starting Member

Canada
43 Posts

Posted - October 18 2004 :  09:41:36  Show Profile  Visit jdkerr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has anyone been able to get any more info on the VPASP Invoice Printing facility? I have been unable to get to the web site mentioned to get more info or ordering details on the product and when sending an email to [email protected] - the mail is returned..

Anyone??

Go to Top of Page

bmw000
VP-CART New User

137 Posts

Posted - October 18 2004 :  16:08:23  Show Profile  Visit bmw000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Try this page for product info. http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=18

Also, either try [email protected] or go to http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopcustcontact.asp and fill out the contact page.

Hope this helps.

Brian Weber
BMW Solutions, LLC
http://www.bmwsolutions.com

Go to Top of Page

jdkerr
Starting Member

Canada
43 Posts

Posted - October 18 2004 :  17:14:58  Show Profile  Visit jdkerr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Brian. That contact info worked great.. Thank you..

john

Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - October 30 2004 :  12:11:40  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
big thanks to brian for posting those updated links; much appreciated brian!

If anyone's got any questions/problems on the slip, feel free to email me direct or use the links brian provided above.

(I had trawled through this forum to try and update my links but I think I might have missed a few)

The link that brian provided (http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=18) shows sample screen shots so that you can get an idea of which bits get customised and see the general layout. We haven't done a demo version of this yet, but that's something we'd like to do in the not too distant future.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

Drew
Starting Member

22 Posts

Posted - August 03 2006 :  11:45:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm interested in this product for version 5.5. Can any one tell me if it has/can have the option of when you print the invoice for an order, it marks the order as Processed?
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - August 04 2006 :  06:21:15  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's now compliant with vpasp 4.5/5/5.5/6.x.

It doesn't currently mark the order as processed when you open/print the slip, but we do have a pending task to do something similar. Thanks to recent feedback, we're now in the process of adding a new "printed" column/logic so that people can see which ones they've already printed.

We're also working on a way of batching them up so that people can tick multiple orders and press a single button to print off all those slips with page-breaks in between each one. Also, on that batching aspect, we're working out a way of adding an option linked-in with the "printed?" flag so that people can also automatically batch/print any orders which haven't already had their slips printed yet.

In addition to that, we've also got a pending task to make it available as an order-confirmation html email (for merchant and/or customer).

So, we'll end up having 4 versions, any combination of which can be switched-on/used by the site:
1) Customer screen
2) Customer order-confirmation email
3) Admin Screen
4) Merchant order-confirmation email

(with (3) being available as a batchable process)

The email aspect has been done, but not yet released/tested.
The batching/flagging aspect hasn't been done yet but will be soon.

If you signup to our mail-list then you'll know when it's all in place, as we'll be sending out mailshots when it's all done:

http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopmaillist.asp

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com

Edited by - devshb on August 04 2006 06:21:39
Go to Top of Page

Drew
Starting Member

22 Posts

Posted - August 04 2006 :  23:11:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those features sound great. I especially like the ticking and printing multiple orders idea. If I buy now, is there a grace period for an upgrade for when those features are added?
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - August 05 2006 :  05:06:41  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yes; the grace period is.....

We have two types of upgrades.

Minor Update: This is a completely free upgrade. We will usually notify you by email when we release such an update.

Major Update: This is where we have introduced new / significant features. You are entitled to receive a FREE upgrade if a major update is released within 6 months of the date of purchase of your product. If your purchase was made longer than 6 months before the update release date then you will be entitled to buy the major update as a product upgrade at a discounted rate.

in the case of the slip, this'd be regarded as a major upgrade (ie but still upgradable for free if you'd bought it within 6 months)

(we also have a similar pending upgrade for our froogle feed; we'll be releasing the substantially tweaked/enhanced google-base version of that during this weekend; similar situation applies with that too; free upgrades for recent purchases)

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Go to Top of Page

vodka
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - August 17 2006 :  16:09:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WHAT WOULD REALLY be neat was at this point to be able to post actual weight and address shipping info to USPS so they print out the barcoded shipping label. Seems this could be a simple form. I havn't looked to far yet but would this be too tough to implement here?

Yep, From a screen in shipping/invoice/packingslip:
1 enter actual weight and send to shipper USPS to actually buy shipping and notify shipper it is ready for pickup. The api is there.

Also you could get the tracking number at that time and enter it in the database for that order.

Also, you could deplete the "physical inventory" showing that the item has left...just not ordered when paid for...thank-you page depletion.

Would save a lot of time!!!

Edited by - vodka on August 17 2006 17:50:05
Go to Top of Page

ironhawker
VP-CART Super User

USA
260 Posts

Posted - August 24 2006 :  11:04:05  Show Profile  Visit ironhawker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Will this this allow for back orders?

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Randy "RC" Corn
Institute of Higher Learning

[email protected] 425-828-0738
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3
Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: