Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Get a VP-ASP Invoice & Packing Slip Utility
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

bigyellowbox
Starting Member

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - January 03 2004 :  05:59:42  Show Profile  Visit bigyellowbox's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As a user of VP-ASP, on our samburu.com site, we developed a utility that enables us to print professional looking invoices / packing slips directly from VP-ASP. It saves us time in not having to address packages by hand (or through a label printer), helps us in our product picking and despatch and our customers receive an itemised receipt / invoice with their orders.

Key Features: Show all order items or an order summary. Add your site logo to the slip. Automatically prints your company details straight from VP-ASP. Customizable to fit all kinds of window envelopes or mailing wallets. Add customizable text to the bottom of the slip. Prints country names in full as opposed to the country codes used in VP-ASP.
Also handles Australian GST and UK VAT. You can also install it so that your customers can login and get their own slip.

You can buy your own easy to install VP-ASP packing slip utility straight from our website for £35.

VP-ASP Packing Slip / Invoice
http://bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=18

Edited by - bigyellowbox on November 01 2004 07:23:56

Jill
VP-CART Super User

USA
249 Posts

Posted - January 03 2004 :  12:51:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is really neat! When you go into your admin and view your orders, the link to the packing slip is right there. Just click and print! Simple to install, too. Follow the link above and you can see what it looks like. Thanks, Bigyellowbox!

Jill

Go to Top of Page

jnicolis
Starting Member

Australia
17 Posts

Posted - January 06 2004 :  06:48:50  Show Profile  Visit jnicolis's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I saw your comments re: the packing slip addon and purchased it today.

What can I say:

Very easy to install, within a few minutes I was done and had a very professional looking Packing Slip.

It also had a good set of customisations like being able to
include your own logo, turn on/off items that were purchased showing or the type of payment made plus more.

I had a issue and contacted support and had almost immediate response and were very helpfull.

Definately worth the investment. Good job bigyellowbox

Go to Top of Page

skynet104
VP-CART New User

94 Posts

Posted - January 10 2004 :  01:15:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very Nice:

But, what about when we need to send partial products in the order, would it have some options to temporarely remove the items or hide them so that they are not printed in the invoice?

Thanks

Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - January 10 2004 :  05:08:28  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a good idea to me (having an option to hide some items).

The question is, where-abouts would you want to flag an item as excluded ? We'd like to avoid making changes to the order/product tables if at all possible, so we wouldn't really like to add new columns to the standard vp-asp tables.

Also, you have to consider the fact that the tax/shipping/handling etc is mostly calculated/stored per-order rather than per-item.

One possibility is to add an extra (optionally-displayed) blank column in the list of items with a heading of "Not Shipped with this package" (or similar) and allow you to physically tick the box by the relevant item(s) after you print-out the slip. And/or a "Shipped with a previous package" column.

If anyone's got any suggestions of how they'd like this to work, then please feel free to post your suggestions here or email them directly to:
[email protected]

We'd be happy to add such an option and send an update out to our existing customers; I think this is something that most people will find useful.

Many thanks.
Simon Barnaby.

Edited by - devshb on November 01 2004 07:08:48
Go to Top of Page

bigyellowbox
Starting Member

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - January 19 2004 :  03:21:47  Show Profile  Visit bigyellowbox's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have now added the ability to customize the heading so that you can use your own description (e.g. Packing Slip, Packaging Slip, Despatch Note etc.).

Go to Top of Page

siraj
VP-CART New User

USA
194 Posts

Posted - January 20 2004 :  21:30:56  Show Profile  Visit siraj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very neat and nice product. It can be install within a min and ready to go.
One of my client like it very much and he is really happy. Support is good too. In fact they changed invoice to print customer side instead of admin. Whenever customer want just have a copy by going to "Previous Order History" Professional and standard invoice. I highly recommend this one if anyone interested.

Work together to make VP-ASP as leading ecommerce sloutions.
SJ.
Go to Top of Page

PhoenixA
Starting Member

41 Posts

Posted - January 22 2004 :  04:13:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just bought this and as everyone else said its excellent and took about a min to install and i did a few customizations like taking out the product id number after the product name as this only applies to our inventory control. Just one thing I'd like to see it do, we'll be using it to print invoices so it would be excellent if it could be set up to print the address in the same way it is displayed in shipping address? Don't know if it would be too advanced but to fit with all the various labels people use it would probably be best if a htm template file was used for this to allow users to customize it to their spec?

Go to Top of Page

williamj
VP-CART New User

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - January 22 2004 :  04:57:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am interested in how this utility handles multiple page invoices. If the amount of items purchased can't fit on one page how is the second page formated?

Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - January 22 2004 :  16:12:29  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all the feedback/suggestions; it's very much appreciated.

Here are my views:

1. Showing id and/or name on the item-list:
I agree; it'd be good if we had some kind of configuration that would allow you to decide what part of the product details you want to show on the item-description line.

2. Fixing the "mycompany" address-size/location:
I agree; that'd be very useful.

3. Multiple-page invoices:
I agree; currently it's a straight/single html page with no repeating header (and by definition, an html page's header can't really be defined as that's a browser/printing function rather than part of the html page). I'd like to setup an option where we could give people the option of setting a vertical page-size with repeated headers.

4. Using html-templates
I like html-templates, but the slip is so dynamic that I'm not sure if it's suited to templates. Maybe some sub-functions/areas are, and maybe that'd be the best way to do the above.

I'll consider all the above points, make the relevant changes, and then post another reply here telling everyone what we've done.

All feedback is welcome; keep it coming ! (either on the forum or direct to [email protected]).

Many thanks.
Simon Barnaby.

Edited by - devshb on November 01 2004 07:09:41
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - January 22 2004 :  16:26:55  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
One further question I'd like to ask forum members who are interested in this slip is:

What would you rather the slip/invoice used - style-sheets or explicit/separate font tags etc ?

Both options have their respective pros+cons, and I'm curious as to which option people would find is best suited to their needs ?

Go to Top of Page

siraj
VP-CART New User

USA
194 Posts

Posted - January 22 2004 :  20:21:21  Show Profile  Visit siraj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To address some of the Simon's point,
There are two things to be considers.
1.Multiple page. Set maximum number of items to be printed in a page and if more than that, repeated the header and footer.
2. Merchant able to set what are the field to be printed in the prat#/description column.
But again, its open source and if you a little html, you can do al those who want the fancy and customization.
Fonts and things like that, let it be like that and they can change. If you wnat you can include in your docs where to change all those thing. Otherwise people are gonna come with different taste and sytles. Keep it more simple as it is.
SJ.
Go to Top of Page

bigyellowbox
Starting Member

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - January 23 2004 :  07:24:38  Show Profile  Visit bigyellowbox's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have just upgraded the product so that you can allow customers to print their own invoice / receipt direct from customer admin. As with the packing slip / invoice it's all fully customizable.

Adrian

Go to Top of Page

siraj
VP-CART New User

USA
194 Posts

Posted - January 23 2004 :  09:39:57  Show Profile  Visit siraj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Again on multiple pages of Invoice,
Page count also be better idea to include at the bottom of teh page.
Something like, Page 1 of 2. I think this can be done easily by,
PageCount=(Number of items/Max item Per Page) by Converting to integer or something like that..... I dont how picky we are on this...
GOOD LUCK.
SJ.
Go to Top of Page

patrickong
VP-CART New User

Singapore
58 Posts

Posted - January 31 2004 :  23:33:35  Show Profile  Visit patrickong's Homepage  Reply with Quote
taylorphotography
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts Posted - January 06 2004 : 08:28:19
------------------------------------------------------------------Does anyone know how to make the final order complete form display images of the products purchased? I am a photographer and would like my customers order invoice to show the images they have ordered so they will have a checklist once I deliver the prints. Also is there any way to get the images to show up when I go into Admin and pull up their order?

Go to Top of Page

siraj
VP-CART New User

USA
194 Posts

Posted - February 03 2004 :  13:32:32  Show Profile  Visit siraj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think you can acheive this by Packing slip utility and they might do the cusotmization for you but it might cost you a but with your additional requirement but of course you get the images to show up when you go into Admin and pull up their order but it just linked do a minor change in packingslip utility.
mail [email protected].
GOOD LUCK.
SJ.

[email protected]
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3
Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000