Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.00 Questions
 New HTML Site
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

woodhollowwebmaster
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - November 15 2003 :  20:41:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello All,
I need some advice. My website has been up for a month now and is not doing very well in sales. I would like to launch a sister site on yahoo merchants. I would like the entire site to be HTML instead of dynamic like VP ASP. Basically because I don't want to have to purchase another license again. What is the fastest way to build a site that sells about 200 different products? I want to get it up and running for the shopping season. Is there any way I can use the dynamics of my current site to help me out creating the HTML pages that I need? Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks in advance. Wes Asay
www.woodhollowcrafts.net

arte
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - November 15 2003 :  23:08:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't usually reply to such questions but by exception, here you go. Don't take this as anything other than constructive advice.

1. Go buy a book on HTML and ASP or search the net to learn exactly what they are, the differences and the reason why any commercial site is likely to be dynamic.

2. You say your site has been up for a month and not doing well in sales. What has this got to do with it being dynamic or pure html? Answer = nothing. What can you do about it? Search for your site on search engines using terms like the products you sell (NOT your url).
You will no doubt "wooden welcome signs" for example on google does not return your url in the first ten pages. If it is not in the first three pages it is unlikely to be found.
See point 1 and read up on search engine submission and page rank strategies. Have you actually critiqued your site as a customer? How much info is there on each product? What other related info can i find on your site? What if i want to know more about the wood used?
Take a quick look at http://www.shopcreator.com/mall/thehousesignstudio/ it is not brilliant but gives much more info. I feel i can trust them more and would be happy to buy a product.

3. You mention yahoo - did you know a commercial site (ie one that sells stuff) has to pay more than the VPASP license fee to be submitted?

4. The quickest way to build a site for 200 products is using ASP or other to make a dynamic site. Did you know you can produce html pages from VPASP - it is in the documentation.

5. Are you getting trafic (unique visitors)? How many? where do they arrive and leave the site?

You need to ask yourself considerably more questions and be more realistic about the expected results and timescales.

Why will a static site sell more? Your site is not selling anything. It has some pictures with a very very very brief desc then a link for me to buy it! Do you buy off the web like this?

You are serving a very niche market. Focus your site more on this with a lot more and related info, and focus your SE strategy on the niche.

Good luck.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00