Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 UPS Realtime & UPS website
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pymalion
VP-CART New User

USA
80 Posts

Posted - November 12 2003 :  11:23:50  Show Profile  Visit pymalion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Our shopupsreal.asp file is calculating ground shipping on a 106 lb package to 33811 Flordia zipcode as $53.35. Same options on UPS website calculate the shipping at $69.46. Shopupsreal.asp is changed to do residential shipping. Why is our's calulating different?

Stephen Page
[email protected]

pymalion
VP-CART New User

USA
80 Posts

Posted - January 09 2004 :  12:22:52  Show Profile  Visit pymalion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has anyone experienced this, yet?

Stephen Page
[email protected]
Go to Top of Page

duyhoang
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - January 09 2004 :  20:31:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Stephen,

I have experienced with this problem too. If you have the solution to this problem, please let us know. Thanks in advance.

Hoang-

Go to Top of Page

FutureTec Soft.
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - March 05 2004 :  01:20:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there.

We used the USP XML interface for a client and are facing the same problem. I emailed VP-ASP support to see if they have an idea.

Anyone determined the problem - or better, the solution - to this one ?

Thanks !

Go to Top of Page

pymalion
VP-CART New User

USA
80 Posts

Posted - March 05 2004 :  08:41:58  Show Profile  Visit pymalion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I still have not received a solution. I'm surprised no one else has come across this within VPASP guru circles.

Stephen Page
[email protected]
Go to Top of Page

pymalion
VP-CART New User

USA
80 Posts

Posted - August 02 2004 :  10:30:50  Show Profile  Visit pymalion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello - It's been 4 months, and I see there has not been a post to this issue. Has anyone been able to address it? Following up, so this issue stays current.

Stephen Page
[email protected]
Go to Top of Page

calliope
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - August 18 2004 :  13:23:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any resolution to this?

Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - August 18 2004 :  13:35:52  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

It's probably quite a time-consuming thing to look-into, which is most likely why nobody on the forum has had a quick look and given the solution.

I don't know how many merchants this problem effects; it might be worthwhile someone biting the bullet and paying for a solution, either done by vpasp or done by one of the companies/developers that work on vpasp sites.

All the people effected could, if they wanted, all get-together and pay a share of however much it costs to look at it and solve it.

I think that'd be the way I'd go if I were an effected merchant; gather the effected people together and all pay a deposit to whoever you want to look at it, and then share the solution between yourselves. And if someone else later comes along with the same problem you could charge them a small fee for your solution to help recoup your development costs (if the people doing the solution would allow that).

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

calliope
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - August 21 2004 :  18:45:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know.. it's weird. The returned value matches the UPS charts, but the UPS charts don't match the UPS.com results. Could someone from VPASP contact UPS.com? Thanks

Go to Top of Page

Cam
VP-CART Super User

Australia
361 Posts

Posted - August 22 2004 :  16:57:32  Show Profile  Visit Cam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

I think Simon's solution is by far and away the best one and very sensible.

Alternatively, if the results from UPS are wrong as a result of something from their end then no amount of coding from ours will make it right.

In this instance only a merchant with an account would be able to contact them and request a fix.

Thanks,
Cam

Cam Flanigan
YourVirtualStore Sales
e-mail:
http://www.vpasp.com/sales/shopcustcontact.asp
web: http://www.yourvirtualstore.net

Build you own YourVirtualStore!!!
www.yourvirtualstore.net
Go to Top of Page

bmw000
VP-CART New User

137 Posts

Posted - September 18 2004 :  22:48:44  Show Profile  Visit bmw000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am also seeing the same problem. vp-asp usp realtime calculates a lower cost than if you input the same info into usp.com's website to get a rate.

Has anyone tried all of the different XML2, XML3, XML4, ASPTEAR, DYNUHTTP? I am using the default XML2. Would this have anything to do with it? What are the requirements on the server for these types?

vp-asp, please do some research into this matter so this bug can be fixed.

Thanks,
Brian Weber
BMW Solutions, LLC
http://www.bmwsolutions.com

Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - September 19 2004 :  02:54:03  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
has anyone got any info regarding which of the 2 amounts are actually correct ? (ie which charge UPS actually make in the real world if you get them to use that package/weight/service/address ?) I don't think anyone's mentioned that yet.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on September 19 2004 02:55:41
Go to Top of Page

bmw000
VP-CART New User

137 Posts

Posted - September 19 2004 :  07:00:15  Show Profile  Visit bmw000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am not sure what you mean.

An order placed on my website yesterday and the ups realtime calculated the shipping cost to be $11.91. On the UPS website after filling in address, the weight of the package and so on, they said it would be $17.25. I do not do the shipping, I have a dropship company ship for me. Their website does UPS realtime (not vp-asp) as well on thier site and thier shipping weight was calculated at $19.25. They add an extra $2 to the shipping cost for packaging and handling. So if you minus the $2, the shipping cost is $17.25, just what the ups website said.

I hope this can help you out a little bit better.

I am willing to go along with Simon's (devshb) idea of getting together with others having this problem and pay a share of however much it costs to look at it and solve it.

Brian Weber
BMW Solutions, LLC
http://www.bmwsolutions.com

Go to Top of Page

oboboy
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - March 13 2005 :  11:17:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I talked to UPS, USPS and Fedex and asked why this happens and all of them said "We only give out an Estimated price on our web sites." So the prices even on the Real Time charts are only Estimates!!!Its most likely a way for them to cover CYA. I usually add handling costs to cover my expenses. It is illegal to charge more for Shipping thant the Shipping companies Estimate. Nice!!!

Go to Top of Page

dcwebman
VP-CART New User

USA
127 Posts

Posted - March 14 2005 :  07:28:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't experienced an "estimate" problem with the USPS site and have mailed quite a few items with what they said was the rate. My items were fairly small and I stamped them accordingly and never received any back saying I didn't put enough on.

Now for UPS, that's a different story. I just finished a site for a client who only wanted to ship UPS. With the realtime the value came out much lower than what they paid at the UPS Store. This is called a Retail Location in the UPS realtime but guess what, there's no option actually called that. The highest they go is Drop Off. I emailed UPS tech support and they said there isn't an option for Retail Location like on their website and suggested I try the XML solution, or could they offer any calculation from Drop Off to Retail Location. To make matters worse, my client said they looked at their UPS account later and the amount that was actually charged was cheaper than they were told they were paying at the UPS Store. Go figure. Now they don't know what to do. There's a fudge factor in the realtime module and I'm using that for now and putting the statement on the website that UPS recommends: "These fees do not necessarily represent UPS published rates and may include handling charges levied by [company]."

It sure would be nice to have a consistent and reliable way to have the client get charged the correct amount for shipping.
Jeff

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00