Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Showing Thumbnail X-sale Products??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ai2
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - October 31 2003 :  14:47:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone? Is there a way to show the x-sale products with thumbnails and titles on the product detail view -- similar to how osCommerce shows them?

Also, does anyone have any idea of an easy way to have the products already visited by the customer tracked and shown? a lot of different sites have that...

Any suggestions much appreciated :)

Thanx
Danielle

jonmadrid
VP-CART New User

USA
192 Posts

Posted - November 05 2003 :  14:40:04  Show Profile  Visit jonmadrid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Danielle,

I dont know the answer to your first question... I'm not sure what you mean.

In answer to your second question though, I have done something very similar for tracking traffic on a site that I developed. It doesnt display the data for the customer/user, but it keeps detailed track of what pages the customer viewed, when they viewed, etc. If you were to apply that same principal to this applicaton, you could use the session object to keep a string of all the pages that have been visited. Everytime a page is accessed, just append the URL/filename to the string, delimited by a comma or something. That would make your string. Then you could write some code that would parse that string, determine which products were viewed (based on product ids's in the querystring), then query them from the database and display them on the page. And you could specify how many products to show as well. You could do that with cookies instead of the session object too... whichever works better for you.

If you like, I can provide you with a quote for developing this for you. You can contact me via e-mail at [email protected] if you are interested.

All the best,

Jon Madrid
--------------------
Madrid Communications
Web Design, Development, and Hosting
www.madridcom.com

Go to Top of Page

nick180
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - December 26 2003 :  22:37:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This code will display the last 3 pages viewed:
<%
'This part just stores the new url if it isn't already in the list
'Please excuse my crazy If Then Statements =)
If request.ServerVariables("URL") <> session("page1") Then
If request.ServerVariables("URL") <> session("page2") Then
If request.ServerVariables("URL") <> session("page3") Then
session("page3")= session("page2")
session("page2")= session("page1")
session("page1") = request.ServerVariables("URL")
End If
End If
End If
%>

Use the code below to display the last 3 pages viewed.

Recentley Viwed Pages:<br>
<%=session("page1")%><br>
<%=session("page2")%><br>
<%=session("page3")%><br>

You could easily modify this code to store the product ID instead of the url.

Go to Top of Page

Justin
VP-CART New User

87 Posts

Posted - October 04 2004 :  21:36:33  Show Profile  Visit Justin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Anyone? Is there a way to show the x-sale products with thumbnails and titles on the product detail view -- similar to how osCommerce shows them?

Interesting you should mention osCommerce. Has anyone had a look at this lately? It's actually looking really good. It doesn't quite have all the functionality of VPASP, but the obvious benefits are the price (free) and the out-of-the-box cart is beautiful.

Have there been any comparisons done between the two? just wondering...

JL

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00