Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.00 Questions
 Features that are existing products
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Warren
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - September 29 2003 :  14:39:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a product that is a gift wrapped box of your choice of any 3 jars of jam. There are 13 possible types of jam. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can set up the giftbox so that the features pick up the variety of jams and lets the user checkoff which 3 types of jam they want?
I am using a template to format the products
Thanks in advance
Warren

Cam
VP-CART Super User

Australia
361 Posts

Posted - September 29 2003 :  15:12:25  Show Profile  Visit Cam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I suppose this may be a bit convoluted but what about setting up 3 features with each feature having all 13 types of jam. So in total you would have 39 feature options.

Your visitor could then select from the 3 drop down lists what jam they wanted.

It would knock your stock control out of action but it is an option.

We have a stock control/features fix but I am not sure if it would be of use in this instance.

Cheers,
Cam

Cam Flanigan
YourVirtualStore Sales
e-mail:
http://www.vpasp.com/sales/shopcustcontact.asp
web: http://www.yourvirtualstore.net

Build you own YourVirtualStore!!!
www.yourvirtualstore.net
Go to Top of Page

Warren
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - September 29 2003 :  18:50:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That may work, but if my client adds another jam it makes for a headache. I am trying to figure away to do it dynamically.
Thanks
Warren

Go to Top of Page

Superal
VP-CART Expert

Canada
542 Posts

Posted - September 29 2003 :  22:34:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Meaning "dynamic" I take it that any of these 3 jars are available individually. As such when you add a new product you want this new jam to be dynamically added to the choice list.
If so, VPASP cannot do this out of the box. Cam's idea is a valid one. This also gives the opportunity for the customer to pick duplicate jars if so desired. The only admin you would have to do is if a new variety was added. Now you have to also add it to the features list. Not much of a deal as you only have 3 entries to edit.

The only other solution I can think of is a customization that puts up a dialogue box where 3 types have to be picked. These are then passed to the cart. Now duplicates are not allowed. It would be dynamic but hardwired to a specific product (3 jar gift pak). It could be set up to allow more than one product such a 3-pak or a 5-pak etc. One of the unused VPASP product fields could be the trigger for the custom feature list.

Go to Top of Page

Warren
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - September 30 2003 :  09:14:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the input. I will try Cam's suggestion.
Warren

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00