Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.00 Questions
 Secure Logins with restricted product views
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jmccann
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - June 20 2003 :  11:05:30  Show Profile  Visit jmccann's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is this possible with VPASP Vsn 5?
We are looking at building a site for a drugs company that sells wholesale and retail.

Scenario
1. A public catalog where members of the public can purchase "over the counter" medicines at retail prices.
2. A restricted B2B area where wholesale customers can order restricted products at wholesale prices. However once in the wholesale area there will be a higher level restrcted area for "controlled drugs" where only certain customers are allowed to view these particular products.

Any advice will be welcomed.

jim mccann

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - June 20 2003 :  18:10:47  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We do have a customer match facility. This hides categories and products unless a field in the customer record, matches the f=same field in the products record. It can be generic. So you could add the word restricted to certain customers and the same word to specific products

I believe this will allow your very restricted facility

Howard Kadetz
VP-ASP

Go to Top of Page

Leon
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - July 02 2004 :  11:20:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

This hides categories and products unless a field in the customer record, matches the f=same field in the products record.

I have a couple questions regarding this:

1. When you say “a” field in the in the customer record, which field would you be referring to? I see the field “match customer” when editing a product, but I do not see a corresponding field when editing a customer.
2. What is the “f=same field”? I was not able to find this anywhere.

Thank you,

Leon

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00