Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 How to modify quantity field on shopdisplayproduct
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lesharrison
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - May 20 2003 :  18:54:28  Show Profile  Visit lesharrison's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am using vpasp4.5+ as a seminar registration. In the products (seminars) I have features set to require UserText entry for attendee's name and email address so there is supposed to be only one attendee per seminar registration purchase.

Problem is, they can change the quantity and recalculate without having to enter a second attendees name. I want to set the quantity on shopdisplayproducts.asp to 1 only with no ability to change the quantity to force one registration per named individual. It would even be better to not display the quantity on shopdisplayproducts.asp or on shopaddtocart.asp. I want the attendee to delete the registration and go back and add a new registration instead of changing the quantity and recalculating.

Any hints will be appreciated!

Les

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 20 2003 :  20:21:47  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To stop the quantity changing set in Shop Configuration

xcartstaticquantity=Yes

If you are using our standard format of product displays, remove the quantity from the display by editing shop$colors.asp

Locate these two lines

ProdFields=Array("cname","cdescription","quantity"...
ProdHeaders=Array(LangProductName,LangProductDescription...

and remove quantity reference from both lines

VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page

Wrap
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - May 20 2003 :  22:12:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How can you apply this to ONLY a SUB category or a specific product where default value for quantity is set to only one and can not be modified by customer?

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 20 2003 :  22:14:19  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In our upcoming 5.0 Yes but not in the current release without adding code to file shopaddtocart.asp

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00