Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Announcements
 Version 9 Beta
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Mark Priest
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
580 Posts

Posted - July 20 2018 :  08:20:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Never did get the beta despite several promises.

So after 16.5 years of using VPASP we''re now in the process of moving to another platform :(

Regards,

Mark

Edited by - Mark Priest on July 20 2018 08:21:35
Go to Top of Page

manilow
VP-CART New User

France
134 Posts

Posted - July 20 2018 :  10:37:53  Show Profile  Visit manilow's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mark,

What are the main reasons for you to move to another platform ? In other words, what are the features you would have expected in a new vpasp release you don''t have yet?

Erik
www.aquathermia.com
Go to Top of Page

swampthink
VP-CART New User

106 Posts

Posted - July 20 2018 :  12:59:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Mark, if you are impatient, maybe you can request a trial store but with a note to support in email that you want to try v9. or better you go to the helpdesk.
Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - July 20 2018 :  19:51:53  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Obviously it is not ready. Let them take whatever it takes. I am on 8. It is just fine as it sits out of the box. I made a lot of mods on mine to more exactly fit my needs and you can do the same. Cam and the team has always done a great job. I have been using it since version 4 which is a long time. Just get 8 and updated it when 9 is done. Whatever they are doing that''s hanging them up must be important. The technology changes so fast that the longer it takes, the better it will be. Just my 2 cents.

Mitch
https://www.apswater.com

Edited by - apswater on July 20 2018 19:54:27
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - July 22 2018 :  20:23:13  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Mark,

Sorry for delays. We have had it out with our major developer beta testers and they have been sending back some fantastic feedback. Unfortunately some of this feedback has resulted in some pretty big changes.

If you are interested in having a play with the beta mark just post a ticket in the helpdesk and our team will set you up with a version in our beta environment so you can have a play with the new features.

https://helpdesk.vpcart.com

Thanks for your patience and believe me, we want this live as much as you.

Cam Flanigan
VPCart Customer Service
Go to Top of Page

jack208
VP-CART New User

Malaysia
116 Posts

Posted - July 25 2018 :  16:15:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I echo some of the comments here about being patient. If they need to delay v9 becoz they are working out some critical issues then let that be. I''m as keen to move to v9 as any but v8 as it is serves us very well - and like apswater, we''ve a quite modded v8 that''ll actually take some time to move all those custom codes/changes over to v9.

Do keep us posted on progress, Cam & team. :)
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - July 26 2018 :  22:42:12  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jack!

Working hard on it and now very close. Just need to get some nice designs worked on now.

Cam Flanigan
VPCart Customer Service
Go to Top of Page

petermc
Starting Member

Ireland
17 Posts

Posted - October 12 2018 :  16:41:57  Show Profile  Visit petermc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
and we''re live with v9

https://www.candlewarehouse.ie/

still learning, but loving the layout

www.candlewarehouse.ie
Go to Top of Page

Alex123
VP-CART Super User

USA
223 Posts

Posted - October 12 2018 :  17:39:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow. That''s fantastic.

Your website looks lovely. Nice design. Seems they are having lot of features on V9.

Alex
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 12 2018 :  23:38:05  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Peter,

That is exciting news and your site looks great!

Glad you have been able to go live with the beta release of v9!

If you find any issues let us know and our team will dive into updating the site with the fixes from the latest master version of the software for you.

Regards,
VPCart Admin
Go to Top of Page

InkMagic
VP-CART New User

123 Posts

Posted - October 19 2018 :  13:53:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, candlewarehouse site does look nice. Lots of nifty features by the looks of it.

Any idea when Version 9 is coming out of beta?

Thanks!
Dale
Go to Top of Page

petermc
Starting Member

Ireland
17 Posts

Posted - October 19 2018 :  15:35:00  Show Profile  Visit petermc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex123

Wow. That''s fantastic.

Your website looks lovely. Nice design. Seems they are having lot of features on V9.

Alex

Thanks

even better now! And real easy to custom design the front page - I have zero programming experience, but have been using vpcart since 2007.

What''s best is average order value has gone up over 20% on top of higher order numbers.

They have a winner with this.

www.candlewarehouse.ie
Go to Top of Page

Alex123
VP-CART Super User

USA
223 Posts

Posted - October 22 2018 :  14:40:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear about the new features and increase in revenue.
Need to try v9. All the best.

Alex
Go to Top of Page

Mark Priest
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
580 Posts

Posted - October 22 2018 :  16:20:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just so you know your pop up terms on checkout are empty.

Regards,

Mark
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 24 2018 :  22:24:02  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Mark,

Thank you for the input. We have fixed that.

Best Regards,
VPCart Admin
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3
Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00