Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-Cart 8.00 Issues
 Need some help with CSS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - July 24 2017 :  15:51:39  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I imported my products (over 30,000) from my old 4.5. In the old days I used the <pre> and </pre> html tags.

Now those mess up the page formatting. Here is the code :

<pre><font size=1 face=arial>
Product Specifications
Item Dimensions: 18.6" w x 18.5" d x 22.5" h
Electrical Specification: 115 volts, 60 Hz, 6 A
Built-In Options: 10-port Drying Chamber
Style: Benchtop
Ice Holding Capacity: 4.5 L
Collector Temperature: -50°C, -58°F
Electrical Standard: Domestic
Drying Accessory: 10-port, permanently installed
Compliance: UL 61010A-1, CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 1010.1
Vacuum Pump Required: 86 L/Min. or larger displacement
</pre>

Can someone let me know what mod so I need so the page will format right? Is there some kind of a <pre> alternative in CSS? THis effects 1000''s of pages so editing each one individually would be out of the question. I am looking to do a search and replace on the <pre> and </pre> tags.

Thanks

Edited by - apswater on July 24 2017 15:52:05

serjtankian
VP-CART Super User

Armenia
378 Posts

Posted - July 24 2017 :  15:58:06  Show Profile  Visit serjtankian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i''m not sure if this is correct or not, please try to add this in basic-style.css is you''e using version 8

pre {
display: block;
font-family: monospace;
white-space: pre;
margin: 1em 0;
}

*peace - serj*
Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - July 24 2017 :  16:11:28  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Serj, Ill try it. When I comment out the <pre> and make it <!<pre> and </pre>--> it does format right as long as I also comment out the font tags. I''ll let you know. You are a big help!
Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - July 24 2017 :  16:14:32  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Serj!!! You ARE the man! You are great, worked like a champ!

Edited by - apswater on July 24 2017 16:14:49
Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - July 24 2017 :  16:19:00  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do you have a work around for <font size=1 face=arial>

I have commented those out with a giant search and replace but would rather have the formatting if possible.

If you get this one I''ll name my next child after you!

Edited by - apswater on July 24 2017 16:20:00
Go to Top of Page

serjtankian
VP-CART Super User

Armenia
378 Posts

Posted - July 24 2017 :  16:43:46  Show Profile  Visit serjtankian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by apswater

Serj!!! You ARE the man! You are great, worked like a champ!

no problem!

for Arial font property can you explain further?

*peace - serj*
Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - July 24 2017 :  16:51:49  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sure, in the old days before CSS I used the html tag of <font size=1 face=arial> to format text size and face. I didn''t use font family, I just used the individual font. When I imported my old products database those were left in the cdescription and extended description fields.

I think the answer may be to replace that font tag with <span style="font-family: arial; font-size: 8pt;"> but I am not a very good css programmer. I am a hack at asp but that''s about it! Right now I have those commented out with <! (dash dash)<font size=1 face=arial> (dash dash)> and it doesn''t seem to be an issue but with so many products I may just not have seen an issue yet.

btw.. loved your video''s.

Edited by - apswater on July 25 2017 01:40:37
Go to Top of Page

serjtankian
VP-CART Super User

Armenia
378 Posts

Posted - July 25 2017 :  13:58:41  Show Profile  Visit serjtankian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if you want to set the font globally, then try to add this in basic-style.css:

html *
{
font-size: 1em !important;
color: #000 !important;
font-family: Arial !important;
}

or if only for span tag, then add this:

span
{
font-size: 1em !important;
color: #000 !important;
font-family: Arial !important;
}

anyway, I''m just a fanatic fan of Serj Tankian and system of a down - lol, this just my nickname

but I think I would be glad if you really name your next child with Serj Tankian

lol

*peace - serj*
Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - July 25 2017 :  14:32:03  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OIC! I thought maybe you were him. Well you are a big help. I don''t think those tags will overwrite the html in those fields. I have been doing search and replace on the database and for the most part have eliminated the issue. I am just commenting out all the html font tags and so far so good. I think I will put a button on the top of all pages the clients can click on if a page doesn''t format right it can send me the page. There are too many products to go through it item by item. You have been a big help!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00