Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-Cart 8.00 Issues
 Where is the CC security code stored?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - July 12 2017 :  11:13:27  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We want to accept credit cards but we do not want top process them until we review the orders. It all works fine. When you view the orders everything''s there EXCEPT the security code. We need the code to manually run the CC. I am sure I can find it in the database, but need an easier way for my admin people to access it.

Help?

Thanks.

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - July 12 2017 :  17:22:41  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok guys, another one solved but I would like some input from Cam or someone in the know.

on shoponepagecheckout.asp at line 672 or so I found the update line was commented out.

UpdateField_onepage "oauthorization", oauthorization, rstemp

When I uncommented it (removed the tick mark) bingo. It writes the CVS code to the database.

The question is what are the security implications for this? We won''t be saving the info or if we do we will encrypt it. Is there some law or rule out there that stops us from collecting the cvs? I always saved it on 4.5 and encrypted it.

Anyway, it gives us what we need so I can go live with the new site soon.

Go to Top of Page

serjtankian
VP-CART Super User

Armenia
378 Posts

Posted - July 12 2017 :  20:10:17  Show Profile  Visit serjtankian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i think oauthorization contains cvv code?

*peace - serj*
Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - July 12 2017 :  22:45:37  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes It does save it to there once you remove the comment mark. They took it out for a reason, I was just wondering why and what the unintended consequences were to turning it back on. I was turned on in older versions.

Edited by - apswater on July 12 2017 22:46:15
Go to Top of Page

serjtankian
VP-CART Super User

Armenia
378 Posts

Posted - July 14 2017 :  13:11:57  Show Profile  Visit serjtankian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think for security reason, the system will automatically remove the data when the item marked as processed

*peace - serj*
Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - July 14 2017 :  14:11:36  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, it does not remove on processed but it does remove the card #. I didn''t know that, I will have to fix that as well. I need to keep the card number until after we run it. I wrote a fancy encryption program to protect the cards in 4.5. i''ll have to add it. to this version.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00