Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Adding a picture to supplier e-mail
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rockdale
VP-CART New User

USA
76 Posts

Posted - May 14 2003 :  20:38:08  Show Profile  Visit Rockdale's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How would you add a picture of the product, that the supplier should ship, to the supplier e-mail.

The supplier gets an email now with a picture of the product. It ensures that the customer gets the correct product design.

Also a link back to the tracking page for each product would ensure that the supplier updates the tracking.

Michael Kelley

Rockdale
VP-CART New User

USA
76 Posts

Posted - May 15 2003 :  21:08:03  Show Profile  Visit Rockdale's Homepage  Reply with Quote
From VPASP Support

It would not be trivial to add images to supplier emails.
The code would need to be customized as the oitems table does not contain the product's image url. The image url would need to be retrieved from the products table for each specific product.

Does any one have the solution?

Michael Kelley
Go to Top of Page

Joshp97
Starting Member

USA
32 Posts

Posted - May 22 2003 :  11:23:00  Show Profile  Visit Joshp97's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How bad do you need to use a template?

If I were doing it, i'd remove the supplier mail template functionality and implement something similar to the message sent to the merchant when someone signs up. Adding an attachment is easy with that interface.

Josh

Go to Top of Page

ourestore
Starting Member

43 Posts

Posted - May 22 2003 :  19:29:56  Show Profile  Visit ourestore's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A few years ago we provided a client with a solution which included sending emails with the image embedded in the body of the email rather than as an attachment. While not using VPASP, it was an ASP-based solution. If you wanted to include that sort of functionality then we used the Premium version of the ASP component ASPemail (http://www.aspemail.com/). I haven't used it for a few years but it was really good to work with and is still going now so I would imagine later versions of their component would work just as well if not better. Their support is also very good. Just a thought.

Graeme
Try before you buy, lease a VPASP store from Our eStore!
http://www.ourestore.com.au
Go to Top of Page

Joshp97
Starting Member

USA
32 Posts

Posted - May 23 2003 :  11:01:20  Show Profile  Visit Joshp97's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Most mailers do that very easily. Jmail does it very easily and its free.
I'm almost certain his problem is dealing with the template interface not having the capability.

Go to Top of Page

Jill
VP-CART Super User

USA
249 Posts

Posted - May 25 2003 :  17:56:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can it also be done easily with CDONTS?

Jill

Go to Top of Page

Joshp97
Starting Member

USA
32 Posts

Posted - May 27 2003 :  10:42:05  Show Profile  Visit Joshp97's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, CDONTS will do it also.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00