Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-Cart 8.0 Hint''s and Tips
 Change product templates on admin login
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Alex123
VP-CART Super User

USA
223 Posts

Posted - August 23 2017 :  04:15:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heard VPCART 9 about to release. Hope it will be having more template options.
Go to Top of Page

jbutt
VP-CART New User

USA
56 Posts

Posted - September 25 2017 :  01:52:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all your mods Aspwater.

I seem to be a little lost in how to log in to the main website as an admin (shopadmin)? When I log into my Admin portal www.mysite.com/admin/admin.asp, I cannot access the main site (mysite.com) without logging in as a user.

This could be because i have forced login set, but in either case, my shopadmin session variable is not set.

Any ideas?

John
Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - September 26 2017 :  11:53:57  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would turnoff forced log in. You loose the looky loo''s if you dont allow them to browse.
Go to Top of Page

jbutt
VP-CART New User

USA
56 Posts

Posted - September 26 2017 :  21:55:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I get that but unfortunately, one of my sites is restricted to certain clients. I could tell you but then you I would have to ... well, you know the rest .

I''m stuck with ForcedLogin. Does that mean I can''t access my site as an administrator?

Go to Top of Page

jack208
VP-CART New User

Malaysia
116 Posts

Posted - November 30 2017 :  01:29:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is good stuff. Thanks for the share!
Go to Top of Page

jack208
VP-CART New User

Malaysia
116 Posts

Posted - December 17 2017 :  06:04:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was trying to implement this and I''ve the same question as ibutt. How do you log in as "admin" to the main webstore (not the VPCart Admin section)?

The main webstore only accepts login from the accts in the Customer table, and there seems no way to indicate "admin" from that table (or at least to turn on shopadmin session).
Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - April 19 2018 :  18:57:43  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You log into admin. It then sets the session variable showing you as an admin. Then go to your regular page and it should be activated. If you run locked sites then I don''t know what to tell you. Maybe run a second site just for you and have that one unlocked so it will work. I do that as well for other reasons. You can set an access password through IIS so that you have to login to the server to gain access to the webpage. I try to keep it easy. You also have to remember when you do these mods, updating to new versions won''t work for you.

Edited by - apswater on April 23 2018 10:15:35
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2
Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00