Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-Cart 8.00 Issues
 In older version there was a log in by IP.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - April 26 2017 :  16:20:28  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In older version there was a log in by IP. Is that not available anylonger? There is no reason for me to login in my office or home since the IP# auto logs in on the version I have now.

serjtankian
VP-CART Super User

Armenia
378 Posts

Posted - April 28 2017 :  14:03:49  Show Profile  Visit serjtankian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think by default the system will keep the admin IP address, I''m not really getting what you mean

Can you explain further?

*peace - serj*
Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - May 05 2017 :  13:13:26  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Early on (4.5) I had them add a login by IP. You would store your permanent IP number (home and office) in the shop$db and if you went to the cart or admin form with of those location it automatically gave you admin permissions and logged you in. I saw they had it in version 5 I think. I dont see it in version 8. It is very handy since having to log in in all the time is a big pain in the ass.

Go to Top of Page

serjtankian
VP-CART Super User

Armenia
378 Posts

Posted - May 05 2017 :  14:06:21  Show Profile  Visit serjtankian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hm.. do you still have the old version? maybe you can see it from the old version then implement with the new version.

I''m trying also here and will post here the result

*peace - serj*
Go to Top of Page

serjtankian
VP-CART Super User

Armenia
378 Posts

Posted - May 05 2017 :  14:25:37  Show Profile  Visit serjtankian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
found this article, it might help you

https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/26173016/Restrict-access-to-specific-URL-by-IP-address-on-IIS6.html

however, this will need an access to IIS

*peace - serj*
Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - May 05 2017 :  14:48:46  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is a simple way to do it.

I currently use this at the top of my shop db files:

if request.servervariables("remote_addr")="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" then <- xxx = actual IP
session("shopadmin")="XXXX" <--- xxx = admin username
session("Login")="XXXX" <--- xxx = admin username
end if
Go to Top of Page

serjtankian
VP-CART Super User

Armenia
378 Posts

Posted - May 05 2017 :  14:55:08  Show Profile  Visit serjtankian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
cool! thanks for sharing!

*peace - serj*
Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - May 05 2017 :  15:16:45  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It doesn''t always work so i am sure i am missing something. In 4.5 they did in convoluted so I can''t really follow what they did easily. WHat I do use it for is adding edit buttons on the cart for categories and products when in the cart. .. "if admin, put edit link". It saves having to go into admin and pull items to edit. I have over 1000 categories and 18,000 products so short cuts save a lot of time.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00