Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Has anyone used this product for Quotes?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eddieeddie
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - May 13 2003 :  17:23:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone used this product for Quotes? What I am after is this: A customer chooses the product, then submits it for a quote. Once I email the price back to my customer, he/she retrieves the data and this time around buys it using credit card or whatever. I would appreciate any help with this.

Thanks,
Eddie_K

Joshp97
Starting Member

USA
32 Posts

Posted - May 22 2003 :  11:30:07  Show Profile  Visit Joshp97's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have built quote functionality. I know of no easy way to accomplish this other than add a quote flag to the ordering process and carry it through. A fair amount of code changes were necessary.

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 22 2003 :  18:21:13  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The simplest way to do this is to add a non credit card payment called "quote". The customer shops as normal but instead of paying they select quote as the payment option. Both the merchnat and customer get confirming e-mails.

Later the customer comes back to the VP-ASP customer service, restores their quoted order and continues checkout and this time pays for the goods or services.

No code chnages are necessary.

VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00