Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Featurename description in cart
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

faolie
VP-CART New User

98 Posts

Posted - November 24 2015 :  14:45:13  Show Profile  Visit faolie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, does anyone know how to identify featurenames in the cart? Featurenames like length and waist are displayed in the cart as the values entered, eg 42 and 26. But if you have a lot of featurenames it''d be great to identify them as, eg, height: 42, waist: 26.

I tried fiddling with this using featureother as the descriptor and tweaking a line in shopproductfeatures.asp but all it displayed was the first featureother value, ie height: 42, 25,26,32. Think it''s something to do with the featurename values being in an array.

Can anyone suggest a solution for this?

regards

David Heriot

ryo_best
VP-CART New User

90 Posts

Posted - November 24 2015 :  15:08:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi david, so you want to make feature with fixed value, right ? just suggestion, why don''t you make it in individual name as height 42 or wait 26, instead make it as height and wait, and fill again in featureother, so just leave featueother to blank
Go to Top of Page

faolie
VP-CART New User

98 Posts

Posted - November 25 2015 :  01:02:43  Show Profile  Visit faolie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, thanks for the reply, but no, I don''t want fixed values. These were just examples I used. The feature is set up as user entered text for the customer to enter their own measurements. It works fine as it is, but it would just be good if each value was identified by its feature name.
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - November 26 2015 :  08:59:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
By default it''s the feature caption followed by the feature name which is displayed in the cart. The feature name in your case comes from whatever the user enters in that feature text field. The caption is the label which is displayed next to each of the text fields. Do you have multiple text fields displaying on your product page?

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

faolie
VP-CART New User

98 Posts

Posted - November 26 2015 :  13:54:31  Show Profile  Visit faolie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, they''re user-entered text for sizes - waist, height, length etc. It displays featurename and a text box on the product page, but in the cart it displays only the value of the text box.

What I''d like is for the featurename to carry through the process and identify the value in the basket and on the completed order, e.g. waist: 34, height: 72, length: 24.
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - November 27 2015 :  04:53:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To achieve what you want you need to have each feature set up with it''s own featurenumber and not as part of a set under the one number.
It means extra work adding each feature number to the product record
I have tried this out on our test site and it works as planned.
Screen shot below of item with Height Length and Width taken from user text input features

http://www.deanston-electrical.co.uk/images/site/ScShotCartFeatures11_15.gif

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk

Edited by - carfin on November 27 2015 04:54:52
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)