Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Print CSS yet again
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sharon
VP-CART Super User

357 Posts

Posted - September 22 2015 :  10:43:38  Show Profile  Visit Sharon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I used to use pdfcrowd for a print to PDF button on the extended description page of my v7 site & I was really happy with this free service. Unfortunately the dynamically loaded fonts, either Open Sans or Font Awesome in v8 randomly triggers a bug in their system & there is currently no workaround or a fix available.

I am now trying pdfmyurl & have a months trial.

I have had to tweak my print stylesheet to work better with pdfmyurl but have a real problem with the logo & the main page content.
If I print the page through the print dialog I have it as I want it. If I print through pdfmyurl, which does use my print stylesheet, the logo is not floated right & the link prints. Also, all content is centred on the page and only about taking up about 50% of the page width.

My print.css includes
#vp_bodycontent, form.user, .container, .content-wrapper, col-md-6, .col-sm-12, .col-md-push-3, .col-xs-12, .mobile-wrapper {
	width:100%;
}

.vp_logo img, a.logo{
 	float:right !important;
	padding: 0px;
}

.mid-topright-nav, #vp_horomenu, .utility-bar, #vp_leftsidebox, #vp_rightsidebox {
	display:none;
}

I have a test product on the site to test the "save Page to PDF" link at http://www.impact-test.co.uk/products/5954-50kN-TEST-Load-Frame-Digital-with-fully-variable-speed-limit/?bc=no

Our customers have got used to this as it worked well on the v7 site but as it was a random error I didn''t spot it & v8 is now live, so I have a problem.

If anyone has the time for this I can post my print.css code.
I''d be grateful for any advice, thanks.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00