Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 customizing container locations
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bruce
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - August 24 2015 :  17:15:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is maddening. I only want some containers on some pages and the layout manager doesn''t seem to have that option. My workaround was to make templates for each page and just lay out the pages in html. Unfortunately, I can''t find any way to insert some of the material, blog and news containers specifically, into that html so they will show up where I want them.

bruce
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - August 24 2015 :  17:29:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I should be more specific. Let''s say I want the home page to have one sidebar, the product pages to have another and some information pages to have still others, how would I do that?
Go to Top of Page

bruce
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - August 24 2015 :  17:48:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am using vpasp 7.02
Go to Top of Page

bruce
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - August 25 2015 :  14:29:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, is there something I can put in my own template like [displayNewsHere] which will place the side column news container where I want it?
Go to Top of Page

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - August 26 2015 :  05:37:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
since im now using their v8 pack, i not really remember if v7 settings can do.. but how about u try finding in their v7 design guide archieve http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/info/faq_designguide.htm "VP-ASP 7.0 Design Guide" i think i ever used that when i was still on v7. esp on chapter 2.2 CODE SNIPPETS, there i used some when on my v7 sites..
i hope that work for you too.
diego
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - August 27 2015 :  23:38:55  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Bruce,

Have a look at Chapter2.2 Code Snippets / Tags to Customize Your Site in the Design Guide.

What this does is to allow you to manually add in your own containers using code snippets rather than relying on the Layout Manager.

So you could add something like:

<%LoadContainer "<ID>"%>

You create the container in the Layout Manager and set to Hide and in the above you would take the container ID and change.

Try this and let me know if this does not work.

Thanks

Cam Flanigan
VPCart Support
Go to Top of Page

bruce
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - August 31 2015 :  15:36:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks. I''ll check that out and report back.
Go to Top of Page

bruce
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - September 15 2015 :  15:21:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This doesn''t work. There is no option to ''hide'' the container. Only to enable or not enable. If I set it to enable, It displays above the template file (or below it if I change its order). But adding the code within the template file does not activate the code, whether or not I have the container set to enable.
Go to Top of Page

bruce
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - September 15 2015 :  16:19:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I notice that in the templates, all the code is accessed by [ brackets ] rather than <% brackets. Do I need to call procedures using [ ] brackets?
Go to Top of Page

ryo_best
VP-CART New User

90 Posts

Posted - October 17 2015 :  03:26:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi bruce,

just my opinion, perhaps don''t need [] to call procedure, just procedure name and parameters, cmiiw

Edited by - ryo_best on October 17 2015 03:27:29
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00