Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 shopeditdisplay fields
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

manilow
VP-CART New User

France
134 Posts

Posted - November 17 2014 :  04:30:44  Show Profile  Visit manilow's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When displaying record lists in the administration section, only the first 5 fields of the corresponding table are displayed. These fields are not necessarily the ones you would like to consult. In order to see other fields, you need to use Advanced Search and the desired fields in the display menu.

I created new configuration parameters defining the fields to be displayed by default. Example:

xeditdisplayproducts = catalogid, ccode, cname, cdescription, cprice, cstock
xeditdisplayorders = catalogid, ccode, cname, cdescription, cprice, cstock

In this way, these particular fields are displayed in the specified order by default, whether you are in simple or advanced search mode.

This needs some modifications in the shopa_editdisplay.asp and shopa_editdisplaybulk.asp files.

Maybe an idea for vpasp 8 ?

Kind regards,

Erik
www.aquathermia.com

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - November 17 2014 :  15:37:17  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Erik

That is a great idea.

Will push it through to the tech team!

Thanks

Cam Flanigan
VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

manilow
VP-CART New User

France
134 Posts

Posted - November 17 2014 :  16:16:03  Show Profile  Visit manilow's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Cam for your reply.

By the way, I meant :

xeditdisplayproducts = catalogid, ccode, cname, cdescription, cprice, cstock
xeditdisplayorders = orderid, olastname, ocompany, opostcode, ocity, ocountry, orderamount, ocardtype

Of course, other settings can be defined for any other table.

In the same context, I found out that in case of data export, only the displayed fields were included in the export file. The structure of the export file depends thus on the fields you display.

In order to be able to export all fields with a constant structure, even with a partial field display, I created an extra option on the shopa_exportsetup.asp page:

Filename
Directory
Delimiter
Header required? (yes/no)
Only selected fields? (no/yes)

When selecting NO in the last option, the export file will include all fields of the corresponding table, otherwise only the selected ones.

Kind regards,

Erik
www.aquathermia.com
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - November 17 2014 :  22:29:04  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Erik

I have added these into our feature list for next release.

Keep ''em coming!

Thanks

Cam Flanigan
VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00