Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-Cart Hosting
 Moving Site to New Host
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jazzbrew
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - May 30 2014 :  20:10:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I may need to move my site to a new host. What steps would I need to follow in order to do this? Once I copy the files over to the new host what type of configuration would I need to do?

Thanks in advance for your help. Support here so far has been great.

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - May 31 2014 :  04:45:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hmm, after copied, and then you edit file shop$config.asp to use ur new db login , host, etc. etc..
should be just that only.
diego
Go to Top of Page

jazzbrew
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - May 31 2014 :  06:42:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Diego - my database is actually in Microsoft Access. I am running a test by copying the site to my local computer. I copied all the directories to a directory called c:\inetpub\wwwroot\safi. I got some pages working but the database pages are giving an error but I know settings haven''t ben altered. What settings would I plug into shop$config.asp for this configuration? Would I use ODBC?

Thanks so much.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - June 01 2014 :  19:59:54  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

No need to use ODBC. You might need to change your IIS to be 32bit instead of 64bit to run Access locally.

Have a read through the following guide as this should give you what you need.

http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/quickstart700_free.pdf

Thank you

Cam Flanigan
VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

g3nnin
VP-CART Super User

209 Posts

Posted - June 03 2014 :  14:46:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

You might need to enable the ""Enable 32-bit Application to True" option in IIS. I found the related help-note for this:
http://helpnotes.vpasp.com/kb/574-Troubleshooting/965-VP-ASP-and-64-bit-operating-systems/

Have you also set the correct permissions for IUSR account on safi folder?

Hope this helps!
Go to Top of Page

karenafox
Starting Member

USA
18 Posts

Posted - July 31 2014 :  17:27:58  Show Profile  Visit karenafox's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Can I piggyback on this topic to ask about moving the existing mailboxes to a new host as well? Is there a way to do that other than just making everyone make sure to download all their mail to their local machines before I change over? Thank you.

Karen Fox
[email protected]
Go to Top of Page

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - August 01 2014 :  23:46:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i ever managed two different server on my own. i think u must ask the existing hosting guys to take the old emails in postoffices of ur mail accounts, zip all them to you and you forward the zip to the new host to copy those to new server.
maybe this will help.
ask me if you unclear.
diego.
Go to Top of Page

serjtankian
VP-CART Super User

Armenia
378 Posts

Posted - March 06 2015 :  17:18:18  Show Profile  Visit serjtankian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i don''t know can transfer webmail to new host, i though only can migrate outlook only

this seems new to me diego

*serj*
Go to Top of Page

motonet
VP-CART New User

Spain
79 Posts

Posted - March 07 2015 :  16:03:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Serj. If you are using IMAP and you change yor hosting, you are going to loose all of the e-mails that you have in your server at this moment.

You can save a copy of them in your local PC before change the hosting, and then you can upload again to your new server when you have configured the e-mail accounts.

You can configure your e-mail client (at your local PC) using POP too, before you change your hosting. That way all of your e-mails will be stored locally as soon as you connect to your server using POP, and you can choose if you want to leave a copy in your server and how long you can keep the copy there.

You can be sure that you have a copy of all of your e-mails, if you can see them localy being out of line, disconected of internet.

Saludos
Diego

Edited by - motonet on March 07 2015 16:04:19
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00