Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Membership/Subscription question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

soncci
VP-CART New User

USA
97 Posts

Posted - May 30 2014 :  11:34:26  Show Profile  Visit soncci's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My site only sell download files.

I need to set up a subscription/membership facility so that after paying the subscription/membership then customers could get free downloads for

6 months, after 6 months customer will receive an e-mail to remind they to renew.
a full year, after 1 year customer will receive an e-mail to remind they to renew
or for Life Time.

Once they pay the subscription/membership, they should be able order and check out in the normal way and the price will be zero.

The order confirmation page should include the link to the downloads and a confirmation email will be sent.

Customers should be able to see all their previous downloads from their "My Account" screen and download repeatedly if they want to.

And at the end of the subscription/membership time an e-mail will be sent to remind to renew it if they want to do it.

But at the same time if a customer does not have a subscription/membership, then they can shop at a normal price and be able to use the shopping cart as it is now.

Any suggestions on how to do this?

Any help will be appreciated.

www.babynucci.com

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - May 31 2014 :  04:49:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it is looking like a recurring product combining digital products from my thinking....
i found this from vpasp site
http://helpnotes.vpasp.com/kb/72-Recurring-Billing-Summary/557-Recurring-Billing-Summary/
http://helpnotes.vpasp.com/kb/588-Version-6/733-Email-Downloadable-links/
i never yet using such kinds but maybe useful.
diego
Go to Top of Page

soncci
VP-CART New User

USA
97 Posts

Posted - May 31 2014 :  14:02:48  Show Profile  Visit soncci's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you Diego, I was looking at the Recurring billing, but I am not sure that it is possible to combine the recurring billing with the secure download.
Before buying the add-on I want to be sure it will work for what I want to do.
I hope support will read this post and will give me an answer.
Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - June 01 2014 :  19:56:08  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

You could use the module together with the Customer Group feature.

So what you could do is to create a new Customer Group and create a business rule along the lines of anyone who purchases catalogid 20 in the past 12 months gets a 100% discount. This would allow them to check out with a zero charge and download the software.

After 12 months they would not be caught within the Customer Group anymore and have to pay to check out.

You could create a Customer Group per product. So a 3 month, 6 month and 12 month one for example.

In each of these products you would also set them up to be a recurring item so when the order expires it would send them a reminder to renew with a payment link in the email.

It will still require some tweaking but this would be mostly cosmetic to get it all working nicely.

Would this work?

Thank you

Cam Flanigan
VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

soncci
VP-CART New User

USA
97 Posts

Posted - June 01 2014 :  23:36:10  Show Profile  Visit soncci's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you Cam.
When you mention "purchases catalogid 20 in the past 12 months gets a 100% discount. "that such catalogid 20 is the membership price? Do I need to create an item which the customer buy to be part of the group?
What I understood is that the customer buy a membership (catalogid 20) that make the customer part of a group with a rule (12 months 100%off)
The part of the recurring bill I will need to read about after I get the module.
Am I right?

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - June 02 2014 :  00:26:39  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You need to create a product and then in the Customer Group reference the catalogid for that product. I used #20 as an example.

For example the following Business Rule will filter all orders with catalogid 1 in them that have been purchased in the previous 3 months.

distinct c.contactid from customers c,orders o, oitems oi Where c.contactid = o.ocustomerid and o.orderid = oi.orderid and o.odate <= now() and o.odate >= DATE_ADD(now(), INTERVAL (-3) MONTH) and oi.catalogid = 1 and o.oprocessed = 1 and o.ocardtype in (''Visa'',''Mastercard'',''Cash'')

Have a look in the MISC > Query/Export Manager section in the Pre Saved Queries section to see some other examples.

Thank you

Cam Flanigan
VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

soncci
VP-CART New User

USA
97 Posts

Posted - June 03 2014 :  21:50:22  Show Profile  Visit soncci's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Cam,
I tried the query you sent me but is not working (changing values of course), something like:
distinct c.contactid from customers c,orders o, oitems oi Where c.contactid = o.ocustomerid and o.orderid = oi.orderid and o.odate <= now() and o.odate >= DATE_ADD(now(), INTERVAL (-3) MONTH) and oi.catalogid = [MyNumber] and o.oprocessed = 1 and o.ocardtype in (''Paypal'')
I had to add at the beginning, but then I get the following message"''now'' is not a recognized built-in function name."
I know Now() is a SQL Function but don''t know why is not recognized.
What am I doing wrong?
Also I don''t have any of the pre-saved queries. Are those coming included in 7.0?
Go to Top of Page

soncci
VP-CART New User

USA
97 Posts

Posted - June 04 2014 :  17:42:33  Show Profile  Visit soncci's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Anybody?
Go to Top of Page

soncci
VP-CART New User

USA
97 Posts

Posted - June 04 2014 :  22:02:03  Show Profile  Visit soncci's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

soncci
VP-CART New User

USA
97 Posts

Posted - June 05 2014 :  13:26:58  Show Profile  Visit soncci's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - June 09 2014 :  07:57:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi soncci,

just back from holidays and saw this post. For the first part on setting the subscription groups do the following:

Set up a dynamic customer group called Subs6 (or whatever)
Set description to 6 months download subscription
Set customer discount to 1 (for 100%)
Set price field to cprice
Set type to dynamic

In the SQL query window type the following:
customers.contactid, orders.odate, oitems.catalogid
FROM (customers INNER JOIN orders ON customers.[contactid] = orders.[ocustomerid]) INNER JOIN oitems ON orders.[orderid] = oitems.[orderid]
WHERE (((orders.odate)>NOW()-180)) AND (((oitems.catalogid)=1290)) 

Where 1290 would be replaced by the code of your product record for a 6 month subscription.

Repeat for 3 months or 12 months, changing the 180 days for 90 (3 months) and 365 (12 months) and changing the 1290 to the new products.

As for the billing module I don''t know anything about that set up, sorry
Hope this helps a bit.

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk

PS have just notice that the start of the code has been removed. It''s only missing the S E L E C T word.

Edited by - carfin on June 09 2014 08:02:25
Go to Top of Page

soncci
VP-CART New User

USA
97 Posts

Posted - June 09 2014 :  11:30:33  Show Profile  Visit soncci's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Carrol,

I tried your solution and query (with the select) but still getting the Query error and the customer is not dynamically added to the group.

I still get the NOW function error as not recognized.

Very frustrated since I posted the problem to the support help desk but had not any answers yet.

The first part is to create the dynamic group, and still there.
I hope after the group problem is solve I will be able to setup the recurring payment easily.

Thanks again.

Sonia
www.babynucci.com
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - June 09 2014 :  11:56:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, maybe try my code with getdate() instead of NOW() if you''re using SQL Server

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

soncci
VP-CART New User

USA
97 Posts

Posted - June 09 2014 :  12:49:51  Show Profile  Visit soncci's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I made some changes as you suggested. At least now the query is not giving an error, but... is not adding the customer to the group. Grrrr
This is the query:

***S e l e c t customers.contactid, orders.odate, oitems.catalogid
FROM (customers INNER JOIN orders ON customers.[contactid] = orders.[ocustomerid]) INNER JOIN oitems ON orders.[orderid] = oitems.[orderid]
WHERE (((orders.odate)>getdate()-180)) AND (((oitems.catalogid)=my number)) AND (orders.oprocessed = ''True'') AND (orders.ocardtype in (''Paypal''))

(Where the S e l e c t word is without spaces; my number is substitute by the item number)

I added the last two parts to the query *** AND (orders.oprocessed = ''True'') AND (orders.ocardtype in (''Paypal''))***

The query runs now but is not doing what is suppose to do.
I changed the cprice to pother2 adding previously the pother2 in the item table but nothing.

Frustration is growing
A good thing is that from the help desk I got a reply from Cam and they are checking the filters, which have no idea what they mean but they are working on this.

If I get any other good news will post it here.

Thank you Very Very much.

Sonia
www.babynucci.com
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - June 11 2014 :  00:00:01  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Sonia,

After checking your helpdesk ticket our senior tech noticed the query I provided was for Access and you are using SQL.

He has added the following in to your admin.

distinct c.contactid from customers c,orders o, oitems oi Where c.contactid = o.ocustomerid and o.orderid = oi.orderid and o.odate <= getdate() and o.odate >= DATEADD(m, -3,getdate()) and oi.catalogid = 4477 and o.oprocessed = 1 and o.ocardtype in (''Paypal'',''Cash'')

Can you please test and see if working now.

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support
Go to Top of Page

soncci
VP-CART New User

USA
97 Posts

Posted - June 11 2014 :  13:37:10  Show Profile  Visit soncci's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you Cam and I answer in the Help Desk section as follow:

Hello Cam,

I tested the query.

It works BUT is not Dynamic.

Also, after the customer is added into the group (manually), since this group is a Membership, I added "1" to the Discount, and all that do is subtract $1 from the price. I
tried 0.99, 1.1, 100, 100% etc. it always subtract will never become a percentage or it gives me a runtime error.

So, basically the group is not working as it is suppose to work. "Discount: Set discount for customer price groups. if the field value is smaller than 1, then it will be
percentage. if the field value greater than 1, it will be a fix amount."

Then, you ask to buy points to check the problem.

I understand you have to charge for your work, BUT,

the Group feature is something included in the Plus version, but is not working properly.

I bought the Recurring Billing following your advice in the Forum when you replied me about this same problem. I hope once the group problem is solved it will work as it is
promised.

My question now is: if I buy the points and you look further into this, will you be able to solve the problems and setup what I want to setup, or in the process I will have more
surprises?

I really don''t want to spend more money on something that will not work, or that will work partially/manually.

Will be waiting for your reply.

Thank you.

Sonia Carter
www.babynucci.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2
Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000