Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 uploading CSV files by Browser: Customer bulk add
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rockdale
VP-CART New User

USA
76 Posts

Posted - April 27 2003 :  08:13:14  Show Profile  Visit Rockdale's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How do you go about importing orders? I want to import names and addresses associated to a login. Mike

What I want to do is take comma-delimited fields straight from an outlook express or excel spreadsheet export and have large customers copy & paste it into a form. I know each field will need to be identified.

Why do I want to do this...
Once the names and addresses are in the database and associated with a login, a special dropdown box of addresses will be with each product instead of the add address button. when the customer is logged into their "address select mode", they can select each shipto quickly.
Mike

Can you point me into the right direction?

Michael Kelley

Edited by - rockdale on April 27 2003 13:07:02

Edited by - rockdale on April 27 2003 13:08:29

Edited by - rockdale on April 29 2003 07:02:37

Edited by - rockdale on April 29 2003 07:12:58

Edited by - rockdale on April 29 2003 07:19:45

Rockdale
VP-CART New User

USA
76 Posts

Posted - April 27 2003 :  12:59:28  Show Profile  Visit Rockdale's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bump

I found a few ASP file uploaders.

AspUpload is an Active Server component which enables an ASP application to accept, save and manipulate files uploaded with a browser. The files are uploaded via an HTML POST form using RFC 1867. AspUpload can then manipulate the uploaded files in a number of ways which include ACL manipulation, attribute changes, saving to a database, and ActiveX DLL registration.

Does anyone have a solution to share?

Michael Kelley
Go to Top of Page

Superal
VP-CART Expert

Canada
542 Posts

Posted - April 28 2003 :  06:48:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I take it you have customers that have multiple shipping addresses. And you wish to have this customer once logged in to be able to pick from a dropdown address select box particular to them. The customer must take a CSV file and enter the entire thing into one form box.

You can easily build a file upload facility. The page would ask the customer for a file name (which is the CSV file) or click on the browse button to find it. Then you have to have the page parse the data in the file to the correct fields in the database. You must code the dropdown box to sort thru all of the customers and grab all of the ones that match and put those addresses in the dropdown. Now you have to populate the shipto fields.

This requires a customization. If interested for any or a part, just ask.

Go to Top of Page

Rockdale
VP-CART New User

USA
76 Posts

Posted - April 28 2003 :  08:00:07  Show Profile  Visit Rockdale's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Superal,
Yes, the Address upload is what I want. Do you know anyone who can do this?

Also, I believe if we can have it check to see if the address has been used, we can make the drop down box get smaller until the addresses are all gone.

Please advise.
Mike

Michael Kelley
Go to Top of Page

Superal
VP-CART Expert

Canada
542 Posts

Posted - April 28 2003 :  14:31:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Contact me. My email address is in my profile.

Go to Top of Page

Rockdale
VP-CART New User

USA
76 Posts

Posted - May 03 2003 :  08:39:13  Show Profile  Visit Rockdale's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Uploading Concept for VP-ASP Bulk ordering
(using the gift mode pac to simplify the process)
Please reply..

Process:
1)Customer logs in, system determines that this login is associated with the special 'gift' mode.

2)When the system detects this mode for a customer the system will:
provide an option to upload a new recipient list.

3)This list is then saved to the system (can be reused in future orders) add a drop down option list to all pages where it is possible to add items (shopexd, shopdisplayproducts etc)

4)The drop down list will have three options (suggested names: AUTO, SINGLE ITEM, NORMAL) and a "Please select" option. User must select one of these as well as filling in a quantity before clicking the Add button.

The quantity is Q.
AUTO:
System creates separate order items for each remaining recipient in list (ie those that have been allocated anything yet) and sets a quantity of Q. System automatically assigns the addresses and defaults delivery to ASAP/Deliver to address. Does nothing if there is no list uploaded, or if all recipients have been allocated an order item. This makes it possible to send more than one item to each recipient. System removes all recipients from the list.

SINGLE ITEM:
System creates Q order items each with a quantity of 1. The user then views the cart, and individually assigns addresses later on. As an address is chosen, it is removed from the list. System defaults delivery to ASAP/Deliver to address

NORMAL:
System works as per normal - one order item is created with Q as quantity.The user then views the cart, and individually assigns addresses later on.

shopdeliveryedit has a dropdown added with the list of recipients who have not been allocated a gift/order item for this order.

Addresses can still be added manually as is the case now.
orders can be edited as now (items removed etc). If an item is removed that is associated with a recipient from the list, that recipient is added back to the list

What do you think? Any feed back welcome, better concepts, or possible flaws?

Michael Kelley
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00