Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Invoice template and Order numbers?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Phoenix
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - April 24 2003 :  11:12:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys,

We are just finished our new store but we have two things we need to edit.

1) Is it possible to edit the receipt that is emailed to the customer so it will look like a real invoice with columns etc.? This way we could have one emailed to us as well as the customer to print and put in with the order. At the same time is it possible to set up some sort of template for printing off the customers address/Ship address?

2) There was a post on this forum from over a year ago where a member said he had script that would put the date of the order backwards before the order number which would thereby give what appears to be a random order number so most customers wouldn't know how many orders we receive. Does anyone know what this script is or anything similar?

Any help on the above or anything similar would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone has an add-on that can do the above that they are willing to sell we would be prepared to purchase it if the price was right.

Thanks

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 24 2003 :  16:47:52  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have a free add-on that allows you to set the starting order number www.vpasp.com/sales400/addons.asp

The e-mail can be in HTML format which gives you more control. This requires the Option Package. Currently the cart items are not controlled by a template formatting.

We have a free customer developed label printing utility, that may or may not be useful. Contact us if you want a copy

VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page

rodney
VP-CART New User

USA
75 Posts

Posted - April 27 2003 :  23:20:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you need help with the following request let me know

email html template is easy to do and the vpasp addon works great.

let me know

Rodney

quote:

Hi Guys,

We are just finished our new store but we have two things we need to edit.

1) Is it possible to edit the receipt that is emailed to the customer so it will look like a real invoice with columns etc.? This way we could have one emailed to us as well as the customer to print and put in with the order. At the same time is it possible to set up some sort of template for printing off the customers address/Ship address?

2) There was a post on this forum from over a year ago where a member said he had script that would put the date of the order backwards before the order number which would thereby give what appears to be a random order number so most customers wouldn't know how many orders we receive. Does anyone know what this script is or anything similar?

Any help on the above or anything similar would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone has an add-on that can do the above that they are willing to sell we would be prepared to purchase it if the price was right.

Thanks

-Rodney
Go to Top of Page

Superal
VP-CART Expert

Canada
542 Posts

Posted - April 28 2003 :  06:10:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The confirmation email that is sent out is one thing and the on-screen invoice is another.

The order number has to jive tween the two. I use a simple email confirmation of the order. The on-screen order is the one they print out. Formatted to look like a real invoice. Columns with an info you need in them. The email can have a link back if they didn't print it out in the first place. You can have two different looking invoices. One for the customer and one for internal with different information.
All it takes is some coding.

If you want my help, just ask.

Go to Top of Page

Phoenix
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - May 03 2003 :  10:23:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the help. What I really need is a combination of both. I can set up the html to look exactly like our invoices except the add_oitems tag has the product details all listed one line after another instead in easy to read columns like the cart has? Does anyone know how to set up a page that could do both? I know cam said in one post that a link could be put on the order page to a html page that would be customized but I've no idea how to do that? Our site is pretty much ready to go except for this feature so any help would be great. I don't mind if the mail being sent to the customer stays as it is I would just like to be able to print out a customized professional looking invoice direct from vpasp to put in with the orders. Thanks in advance for your help.

Patrick

Go to Top of Page

Superal
VP-CART Expert

Canada
542 Posts

Posted - May 03 2003 :  12:32:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks like you have only been working on the email template as the add_oitems tag is only used there. VPASP does not use a template for what you are asking.

If you want to edit the invoice that appears on the screen at the end of order process which is shopthanks.asp, look in shopformatorder.asp. This is where your internal invoice is also created. If you look at the opening around line 92 you'll see a line If AdminFlag<>"Admin" then with an else. The first part is the logic for the onscreen customer invoice and the part following the else is the logic for your internal invoice. Notice that each contains different subs which do the formatting. This is where you need to start. This involves ASP coding.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00