Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 customer emails
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dukedinger
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - February 12 2013 :  20:45:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

I've managed to successfully edit the tmp_welcomeemail.txt to a stylised html file, but am having trouble with the customerprocessed.

I've changed the template, and since returned to the .txt but customers are not even receiving the confirmation order email (I've verified this myself by placing multiple orders), even though the mechant administration says it has sent an email to an email addy (yes, I've checked the spelling)

I have the xmailprocessed set to yes, but still no joy.

Any ideas?

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - February 21 2013 :  04:51:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you are sure all the mail settings are set correctly then you may need to contact your ISP. Some settings are also dependant on the version of VP-ASP software you have. Make sure the following fields are set like this:

xcustomeremail - tmp_customeremail.htm (only if xemailformat is set to Yes)
The template used when emailing customers using template emails (Part of the Option Package).
This is the one used to email the order confirmation to the customer

xemail - youradmin@yoursite etc
After an order has been completed, who should be notified. This is the email address of that person. This is also the FROM address for the order confirmation sent to the customer.

xemailcustomer - Yes
Yes emails customer an confirmation of the order.

xemailformat - HTML

xemailmerchant - Yes

xemailsystem - mail.your_ISP.etc or smtp
This is the name of the mail service on your ISP. Your ISP will need to let you know what this is. It normally will start with mail... Or smtp.... There is no standard name. You must ask your Windows administrator or Web hosting company. If not set correctly , emails will not be sent. Not used with CDONTS or Unix.

xemailtype - cdosys (if in doubt ask your ISP)

xemailwithtemplates - Yes
Requires the Option Package

xmailprocessed - Yes
xmailprocessedtemplate - tmp_customerprocessed.txt

If you still cannot receive an order confirmation then please contact support.
Regards,
Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk

Edited by - carfin on February 21 2013 04:52:15
Go to Top of Page

zhmic31
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - February 28 2013 :  07:49:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you ever get this resolved?

I am having a similar problem. I do not think it can have anything to do with the email set up as the order confirmation emails work fine with the same settings, it is just the order processed email that is not working for me (even though VPASP is saying it is being sent.) xmailprocessed is set to "yes", and the only difference in the two would be the template that is being used, but I cannot get the processed email to work whether I am using the .txt or .htm template file.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00