Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Search - Predictive
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cps
VP-CART New User

South Africa
69 Posts

Posted - September 27 2012 :  10:11:02  Show Profile  Visit cps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When typing a keyword into the search bar at the top of my web page, a little yellow block comes up with up to 10 predictive results. I would like to disable this feature but keep the search bar there. Can anyone tell me how I would go about doing this - can't find anything in the User Guide?

www.thecpswarehouse.co.za

manilow
VP-CART New User

France
134 Posts

Posted - September 27 2012 :  13:24:30  Show Profile  Visit manilow's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To disable the predictive search results, set xAjaxSearchEnable in your shop configuration to "no".

Regards,

Erik
www.aquathermia.com
Go to Top of Page

cps
VP-CART New User

South Africa
69 Posts

Posted - September 28 2012 :  01:37:59  Show Profile  Visit cps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, Thanks for the advice. I can't seem to find this option though - where is it? I'm looking under 'Advanced Settings' and 'Software Configuration'.

Go to Top of Page

manilow
VP-CART New User

France
134 Posts

Posted - September 29 2012 :  06:15:08  Show Profile  Visit manilow's Homepage  Reply with Quote
xAjaxSearchEnable is in the configuration table, you should find it in advanced settings.

You can also find it through "Miscellaneous" -> "Edit Tables" ; select "configuration" in the drop down menu and click "edit table".

Regards,

Erik
www.aquathermia.com
Go to Top of Page

cps
VP-CART New User

South Africa
69 Posts

Posted - October 01 2012 :  02:35:34  Show Profile  Visit cps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok, I had a look at the configuration table and couldn't find xAjaxSearchEnable. The only search related options are as follows:

50 xbuttonsearch buttons False

186 xsearchcapture No advanced True

187 xsearchdb advanced False

188 xsearchdisplaycategories Yes products1 True

189 xsearchdisplaysubcat Yes products1 True No

190 xsearchfields cname,cdescription,ccode, ... products1 False

249 xsearchsortfields products1 False

250 xsearchsortcaptions Name,Description,Code,Manu... products1 False

384 xsearchbyprice Yes products True

687 xAjaxSearchCategory No advanced True

Would changing any of these settings help? I searched all tables for field names with 'search' but the above is all that came up?

Go to Top of Page

manilow
VP-CART New User

France
134 Posts

Posted - October 01 2012 :  06:24:26  Show Profile  Visit manilow's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In the vpasp v7, xAjaxSearchEnable can be found at line 717 in the configuration table.

If you can't find it, add a new field:

fieldname : xAjaxSearchEnable
fieldvalue : No
fieldgroup : advanced
fieldyesno : True
fieldgroup2 : searching
newfieldgroup : Advanced

Then, go to advanced settings and check if you can find xAjaxSearchEnable. Set its value to 'No' and save (to reset the server's application variables).

Regards,

Erik
www.aquathermia.com
Go to Top of Page

cps
VP-CART New User

South Africa
69 Posts

Posted - October 01 2012 :  09:56:27  Show Profile  Visit cps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Awesome! It worked - thanks for your help.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00