Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Mega Menu
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

manilow
VP-CART New User

France
134 Posts

Posted - September 22 2012 :  05:31:58  Show Profile  Visit manilow's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would like to have page wide drop down menu's on my horizontal navigation bar (like Mega Menu).

Could anybody tell me how to integrate such type of menu in the vpasp V7 ?

Thanks in advance.

Erik
www.aquathermia.com

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - October 03 2012 :  05:05:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i dont have imagination what will be mega menu is looking like.do u have a sample mega menu looks ?
diego.
Go to Top of Page

manilow
VP-CART New User

France
134 Posts

Posted - October 03 2012 :  05:23:21  Show Profile  Visit manilow's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Diego,

Thanks for your reply.

The kind of menu I would like to integrate is the horizontal bar at the top of the page I saw at http://www.temptationsdirect.co.uk/ (Steve2507).

I wondered whether these drop down menu's are generated automatically or manually through a template.

Regards,

Erik
www.AquaThermia.com
Go to Top of Page

Renners
Starting Member

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - October 28 2012 :  11:34:21  Show Profile  Visit Renners's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Erik,

It's not to difficult to do, if I remember rightly I replaced the menu code in the header (between <!-- HORIZONTAL MENU -->)with my own megamenu I built.

I got the basic megamenu css from this tutorial - http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/html-css-techniques/how-to-build-a-kick-butt-css3-mega-drop-down-menu/

Regards,
Renners
Go to Top of Page

manilow
VP-CART New User

France
134 Posts

Posted - November 07 2012 :  09:56:42  Show Profile  Visit manilow's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Renners,

Thank you very much for your helpful reply.

I looked at your site www.anniversary-store.com for an example of such a menu. How do you generate the drop down menus containing links to categories or products? Do you use a script for automatic generation or a template, or do you edit your menus manually?

Kind regards,

Erik
www.AquaThermia.com
Go to Top of Page

Renners
Starting Member

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - November 12 2012 :  12:55:10  Show Profile  Visit Renners's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Erik,

It's basically a static file thats put in using an include directive, the structure changes so infrequently it's not worth the overhead of generating it dynamically.

Regards
Renners

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - November 13 2012 :  00:37:02  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have been playing with this ourselves.

Have also been playing with a version for the cart. Not dynamic but at least it will formatted correctly so it fits straight into your site.

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/vpasp

Did you know VPASP now offers premium Cloud based e-commerce web hosting?

Ask me for more details on how we can help you with a complete solution to your
online needs.
Go to Top of Page

ironhawker
VP-CART Super User

USA
260 Posts

Posted - December 20 2012 :  10:24:19  Show Profile  Visit ironhawker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I suggest you add a Zindex to both your megamenu and the slideshow in the demo as the menu is not showing up where the slide show is.

That way the mega menu should be visible over the slideshow.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00