Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 fedex database help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

interface engineer
Starting Member

USA
30 Posts

Posted - April 14 2003 :  19:38:54  Show Profile  Visit interface engineer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,
I downloaded the fedex shipping free addon and I found that I will have to update the database to reflect the shipping origin zip code.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to go about doing this? I was able to obtain a pdf of the shipping table from fedex.com, but they don't offer a csv file or anything that could easily be imported into the fedex.mdb file that comes w/ the addon.

Thanks in advance for any help.

steve

[email protected]
www.interfaceengineer.com

Superal
VP-CART Expert

Canada
542 Posts

Posted - April 15 2003 :  12:29:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try this as the Fedex website has changed:

http://www.fedex.com/us/rates/downloads/?link=2

Go to Top of Page

interface engineer
Starting Member

USA
30 Posts

Posted - April 20 2003 :  05:01:38  Show Profile  Visit interface engineer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the tip. I was able to update the .mdb tables but in doing so I found that there is no zone correlation for the international zones and their correspoding postal codes.

Has anyone updated the 'zones' table in the fedex.mdb file so that it includes the international zones?

Go to Top of Page

Superal
VP-CART Expert

Canada
542 Posts

Posted - April 22 2003 :  21:32:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is my understanding that FedEx will do a custom DB for you if you are their customer. Takes about 5 days.

Go to Top of Page

Tmcmillan
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - July 22 2004 :  13:26:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can also get a zone chart for your zip code on the FedEx website, but it comes as a PDF. I hand entered the info into the fedexzones table. Took me about 5 - 10 mins to do it.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00