Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Body Main Content nowhere to be found
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jru
Starting Member

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - September 01 2012 :  10:48:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, I am just about ready for pulling my hair out and throwing VPASP back to the developers and starting with something else!!

This software is just so difficult to customize and work out its driving me insane and taking weeks and months to launch instead of "out of the box" days.

Page 110 of the User Manual / page 29 of the Design guide both say the following;

2.1.3.1 Body Main Content
To setup the display of the content / welcome box in the center of your site, please follow these steps below :
1. In the top menu select Website , then Layout Manager from the drop-down.
VP-ASP Shopping Cart, Version 7.00 13 October 2010
Design Guide Page 30/127
2. On the Layout Manager page, go to the Body Main Content and click Edit

I DON'T HAVE ONE, NEVER HAD AND CAN'T FIND ONE TO SAVE MY LIFE!!

Where is the Body Main Content section?

I'm just trying to simply" remove the Product Highlights section that appears underneath the Latest Products section and I've been at it for 10 days, restored to the original zipped file I received, you name it I've done it. I've even searched on the lang term in the languages table and have found langproducthighlights (caption=Product Highlights) then done a scan on the ENTIRE vpasp directories for any occurrence of that string and that's nowhere to be found!! How does langproducthighlights get changed into Product Highlights?

Aarrrggghhhhh!!!!!!

I needed to go live weeks ago and I'm ready for going with another cart/supplier - I have never come across any product that is so damn complex - god knows how people who aren't computer savvy go on :-(

Any help PLEASE?

Martin

manilow
VP-CART New User

France
134 Posts

Posted - September 01 2012 :  12:17:25  Show Profile  Visit manilow's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Martin,

Which items do you see in the Layout Manager?

If you don't see a "Body Main Content" box, add a new box by clicking the button below "add box".

Then, edit the new empty box. Select in the drop down menu the "Body Main Content" option; several options will be displayed. Set the Seq no. to "01" for example if you want it to appear at the top of the main section at your home page. Enter the text simply in the according field or, after "saving changes", by clicking "advance edit".

I think this forum is the best way to get things resolved and to avoid any distress. To take advantage of the many different options in the vpasp cart, quite some patience is needed, but in the end it's very nice to work with.

Regards,

Erik
www.AquaThermia.com
Go to Top of Page

jru
Starting Member

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - September 01 2012 :  12:34:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Erik,

Many thanks for the reply but I'm just about ready to cry/call it a day!!

Here is what I see (I've posted these screenshots because I don't have the option to "Add Box!!)

http://www.jigsawsrus.co.uk/uploads/layout%20manager1.jpg

http://www.jigsawsrus.co.uk/uploads/layout%20manager2.jpg

As I said, Aaarrrgghhhh!
Go to Top of Page

manilow
VP-CART New User

France
134 Posts

Posted - September 01 2012 :  13:21:06  Show Profile  Visit manilow's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Martin,

Thanks for the screen shots, the best way to see right away what goes wrong !

Apparently, you don't have the centerbox being displayed, no boxes nor "add box" button. Check your default.asp file and look for the following lines :

htmlwrite "<div id=""vp_bodycontent"">"
bodycontent
htmlwrite "</div>"

The Layout Manager searches for the "vp_bodycontent" DIV in the default.asp file; if found, then the centerbox is displayed in the Layout Manager, otherwise it won't. So don't change the name of that DIV tag, neither of that file.

The same thing applies for the left- and right columns. In this case, the DIV's "vp_leftsidebox" and "vp_rightsidebox" should be found in the shoppage_header.htm and shoppage_trailer.htm respectively.

Kind regards,

Erik
www.AquaThermia.com
Go to Top of Page

jru
Starting Member

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - September 01 2012 :  13:42:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Erik,

Brilliant, many thanks. It would appear that I have been up against it ever since I installed it as I added my own default.asp page at that time so that our previous customers (we have closed the site for a while) would hit our site and not get what they were expecting so I added a "holding page/we're busy working" type default.asp page - not for one second thinking that it would do any damage - I now know that isn't the case :-)

Once again many many thanks,

Martin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00