Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Search Engine Optimisation
 Meta Information
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cps
VP-CART New User

South Africa
69 Posts

Posted - August 31 2012 :  05:00:38  Show Profile  Visit cps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm trying to change the meta information on my home page but every time I enter the info and click 'Update record' the information disappears - it doesn't save. the weird thing is that it works on other pages - it's just the home page that won't allow me to save.

Can anyone offer some advice?

www.thecpswarehouse.co.za

g3nnin
VP-CART Super User

209 Posts

Posted - September 03 2012 :  14:56:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Have you tried inserting the information into "Meta Information" section in your "homepage" record? This record should exist in the "page manager" section inside your admin.

You might also need to check "22.1 Dynamic Titles and Meta Tags" chapter of the user manual.

Hope this helps!
Go to Top of Page

cps
VP-CART New User

South Africa
69 Posts

Posted - September 04 2012 :  08:32:41  Show Profile  Visit cps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did try that but it didn't work - it wouldn't save. However I inserted the Meta info via html in the 'Content Header' section of the page manager as follows:

<title>Christmas Decorations | Halloween Decorations</title><meta name=”description” content=”We have an extensive range of Christmas, Easter, Halloween, Valentine's and home decorations.”>

This worked fine.

www.thecpswarehouse.co.za
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00