Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Gift Certificates in VP-ASP 7.0
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rudyfr
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - August 04 2012 :  16:41:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello-

We've had a very successful version of VP-ASP running on our website since 2004. It's been great. Recently we decided it was time to upgrade to 7.0. We updated the database and have been working on tweaking the site details and getting ready for the new launch.

But I've run into a problem I can't seem to figure out. On our old version, we were simply able to call up the gift certificate order form by linking to "shopgift.asp". In the new version, when we link to "shopgift.asp" we are redirected to an error page that says "No gift product is available".

I've searched the manual and forums and everywhere else I could think of to understand what the problem might be. I've double checked all the settings in the control panel and they appear to be correct:
xgiftcertificates = yes
xgiftproducid = 99999
xgiftautoenable= no
etc.

They are the same settings we have always had.

I feel like I must be missing a step here, but for the life of me I just don't see anything else in the documentation or control panel to explain why the form isn't being displayed.

Does anyone else have this problem? If I'm missing something can someone point me to the correct documentation or let me know if we should be calling up the form in some other way? I'm confused but hopeful we'll get this figured out : )

g3nnin
VP-CART Super User

209 Posts

Posted - August 06 2012 :  19:55:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

This issue usually appears if you haven't create a gift product yet. This is a standard product, but with "Product Type" field set to Gift.

Hope this helps!
Go to Top of Page

rudyfr
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - August 07 2012 :  08:32:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you, that did help. From what I read I thought setting a gift product was optional, but now reviewing the script it makes sense.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00