Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Linking to pages from the footer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kessa
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - July 09 2012 :  09:02:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

Quick question. I've created a new page for our privacy policy (and will shortly be creating one for Shipping, Terms & Conditions, etc) and want to link to them from the "Footer Links" section, but I can't seem to get it to work.

I've created the new page via the Page manager tool (and have assigned it to the "information" category).

I've then gone to the Layout manager and have entered the URL as "/shopping/privacy.asp" but when I try to view the file I get a 404 error.

I know it's me probably doing something completely wrong somewhere but can't seem to figure out what.

I've had a look at the developer guide (and Cam's videos) which show how to do it for the "Header Navigation Menu Container", but that seems to use a different approach.

Any idea where I'm going wrong?

Cheers

Edited by - Kessa on July 09 2012 09:06:28

seroomnz
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - July 17 2012 :  17:24:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was looking for the same thing

Page 104 in the manual
4.22.5.4 Footer Links Container
Go to Top of Page

Kessa
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - July 19 2012 :  11:18:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I must have a different version of the dev guide as page 104 doesn't contain footer info in mine (It's "Column Flash" info), and mine doesn't include a 4.22.5.4 section either (only 4.22.5. "Right box Section" on page 120)

That aside, I have found a way to at least get the page working. The URL needs to be structured as http://localhost/shopping/shopcontent.asp?type=privacy

it would be nice if there was a way to give it a more user (and search engine) friendly URL. (I'm still getting used to the software, so perhaps there's a way to do this I've not come across yet using the SEO tool? )

Any tips/advice welcomed! :-)
Go to Top of Page

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - July 20 2012 :  14:52:48  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Did you try just > shopping/shopcontent.asp?type=privacy

Or just > shopcontent.asp?type=privacy

Regards,
Eric Lammers
www.KrackMedia.com
Building More Than Web Sites . . . Building a Web Presence
Go to Top of Page

Kessa
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - July 22 2012 :  19:10:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had to use the example mentioned above. (i.e. /shopping/shopcontent.asp?type=privacy)
Ideally, I'd like to be able to use either /privacy.asp or /shopping/privacy.asp if that's possible?
Go to Top of Page

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - July 22 2012 :  23:43:50  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have you tried without the leading slash?

Regards,
Eric Lammers
www.KrackMedia.com
Building More Than Web Sites . . . Building a Web Presence
Go to Top of Page

Kessa
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - July 24 2012 :  13:24:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes
Go to Top of Page

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - August 17 2012 :  22:39:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i dont really think using page manager will create the shopping/privacy.asp, it will be shopping/shopcontent.asp?type=privacy. would maybe needing custom made coding to have it rendered as shopping/privacy.asp.

Diego.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00