Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.50 Features and Facilities
 reinstall localhost
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rmgolf
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - June 25 2012 :  09:23:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had my computer crash and lost localhost copy of VPASP 6.05 still have my server side copy how can I reinstall the website on my localhost have tried copying the serverside back to the localhost but no success get a lot of files not copying. If I run my localhost the VPASP showsbut all the menu item icons are missing and everything else is all over the place.
Have a backup copy of the original VPASP but not the install version. Have tried copying this into localhost and then doing FTP transfer from my web serveer back but that doesn't work either.

Can anybody help

Bob

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - June 30 2012 :  04:55:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob, you need to get all files from FTP to your computer and then change the shop$config.asp file to refer to your local host location URL for the xmysite value. then try to load localhost url from browser to see how it looks.

Diego.
Go to Top of Page

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - June 30 2012 :  04:56:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
addition to my earlier post, this is only if you are using access db.

thanks
Diego.
Go to Top of Page

rmgolf
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - July 03 2012 :  10:25:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Diego
have got a new copy of 6.5 from support and installed it on my local host can access the shopadmin page but all image graphics and menu systems are all over the place, when I lost the computer I upgraded the operating system from Vista Business to Windows 7 Ultimate and my IIs is 6.5, I have locked the IE to version 8 as I have had problems in the past with V9. Have change shop config as suggested do using boct C:/ and HTTP:// but this makes no difference still not able to use the admin page, when I access my admin page on the server side #I have no problems.

Regards

Bob
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00