Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Encoding issues?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JonRTW
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - June 01 2012 :  11:17:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I have VP ASP installed on my server, and we're having a problem with product prices showing a question mark (?) instead of a pound sign (£).
I've checked the options in VP ASP under international, and this shows correct. This did show as ? but changing it to £ made no difference.

The encoding of the page is correct, as confirmed with pound signs showing elsewhere on the page (not part of the shop).

Can anybody help with this? Thanks.

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - June 02 2012 :  05:00:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what language is used in your site jon ?? is it default english ? or maybe another ?

try checking in ur language admin, keyword langcharset to have value utf-8.

Diego.
Go to Top of Page

JonRTW
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - June 06 2012 :  09:05:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Language is English. Charset was iso-8859-1, changed to UTF-8 and same issue persists. Any more help would be greatly received :)
Go to Top of Page

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - June 06 2012 :  21:47:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jon, i think the other thing u may need to check is to edit the currency table and reenter the £ sign and see how the result.... the other thing is to set xlcid (locale country setting) in your admin config to your country (what is your country actually?).
u can refer to the LCID list to find your country : http://www.pagedowntech.com/faq/faq.aspx?faqid=21 and entering the correct value into xlcid config. once done, reload config and see if issue fixed ?

if still not helping, your site would probably need to upgrade to UTF8 version, which you can contact the vpasp guys how to apply that.

Diego
Go to Top of Page

JonRTW
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - June 11 2012 :  08:42:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Thanks for your reply again :)

All settings checked and double checked, all confirmed to be correct.

One thing I've noticed though is that regardless of the currency (£, $), the shop still displays a ?

Does this help narrow down the issue any further?

Thanks,
Jon
Go to Top of Page

Renners
Starting Member

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - June 14 2012 :  12:52:21  Show Profile  Visit Renners's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If I remember correctly I had a similar issue and ended up entering the HTML safe pound code i.e. & pound ; without the spaces which I think resolved it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00