Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Feature that caclulates add-on price from cprice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

smith
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - April 17 2012 :  04:24:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
We need to add a feature that can be used on any product page - this is normal, but, this needs to be able to calculate a fixed percentage to add to the cprice for the product that is featured on the page when it is bought.

We have many products we need to use this on and we want to avoid having to create a feature for every product we need to use it on and therefore have to manually calculate the add on price for the feature, then if there is a product price change do it all again.

This is to enable people who are tax exempt (vat exempt) to click an option and have the feature to enable them to buy with no tax or with tax at 20% as the other option by selecting one or the other radio buttons.

Can we use something like *1.20 as the featureprice instead of adding an actual value?
Or is there some other option or code we can use?

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - April 17 2012 :  06:14:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

in your product features records, you should be able to enter 20 to the Feature % field. This will add 20% on to the base price (cprice) of any product with this feature.

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

smith
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - April 17 2012 :  07:41:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
Thanks for the reply - this looks like just what we need.

I guess that I need to add the feature first with two options:
"I am exempt for VAT" with featureprice = 0
and
"I am NOT exempt for VAT" with featureprice = 0

Then do I need to manually add the percentage to the featurepercent field in the prodfeatures table after adding the feature?

or is there a section in the Control Panel for this?
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - April 17 2012 :  08:57:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

yes you can add all you need through the Admin panel, by clicking on product features and editing any of the records, but you can easily just add all the details of the feature when you create the 2 options.

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

smith
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - April 17 2012 :  09:51:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks
I have that running now didn't see the text "See All Feature Fields Displayed" link to open the whole panel in Edit Features.

Is there a way of showing the actual price of the percentage instead of or as well as the 20%

I know there is an option in the tmp_product.htm & tmp_productfornat.htm templates for things like [formattaxinclusive cprice].

If there is this, could be added to the template.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00