Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 VP-ASP for a very large company
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brunswick
Starting Member

Finland
2 Posts

Posted - February 13 2012 :  09:30:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everybody. I'll be setting up web store for Finland-branch of a very big American marine engine brand. We're selling hundreds of thousands spare parts, engines and accessories at the moment and first time, we have decided to benefit from Internet. We are also aiming to minimize phone after sales support. We have a "dealers only" extranet that uses MS Access database and I'm a PHP-MYSQL person. I couldn't find a suitable and easy solution to use MS Access. Because our extranet prices and catalogues are constantly being updated thus I'd have to be constantly converting from MS Access to MYSQL after each time extranet is updated. I heard that VP-ASP also supports MS Access databases.

Questions:
1-Can VP-ASP handle hundreds of thousands of products?
2-Can I easily integrate extranet's MS Access database and use it in VP-ASP? How? Do I have to fit it into VP-ASP database structure?
3-Is it stupid idea to use VP-ASP since I'm a PHP-MYSQL person?
4-I'll install own server machine and dedicate it for the web store. What kind of a server OS do you recommend?

Kind Regards.

brunswick
Starting Member

Finland
2 Posts

Posted - February 13 2012 :  09:35:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry I couldn't edit the topic. I forgot to ask that is it possible to integrate our existing extranet database with vp-asp?
Go to Top of Page

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - March 10 2012 :  05:00:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im as existing customer of vpasp, my site has hundreds of products and not a problem, i think vpasp support accessdb , mysql and also sql server db , so if you plan to have thousands of products, you can go with sql server or mysql db setup with vpasp.
if you plan to plug in your external db to vpasp, i think you will need to consult this with vpasp expert, they should know how to do this.
vpasp is asp code based, but you can use mysql db in vpasp. php/asp are not much different actually.
from my experience using vpasp, it will only run in Windows server, so your OS must be Windows OS not linux.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00