Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Where is GetCustomerSessionData
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Derivative
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - December 02 2011 :  20:53:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know where GetCustomerSessionData Sub is?

I am integrating our own database into vpasp so that customers can login to our system and then the session variables get set automatically.

I can retrieve the info and display it the form in store, but State and Country doesn't show up in the form. They are both List boxes when compared with the other fields.

Just wondering if the issue is in GetCustomerSessionData?

Thanks,
Al

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - December 03 2011 :  06:57:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

make sure in the Cart Setup -> Customer Information that the fields xcountryrequired and xstaterequired are set to Yes.

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Derivative
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - December 04 2011 :  14:46:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

thank you for your post.

I set them to yes but same behavior. I was wondering if strcounty or strstate are not set properly in GetCustomerSessionData sub.

Do you know where the SUB is defined?

Thanks,
Al
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - December 05 2011 :  03:34:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

it's in shop$db.asp.

Regards,

Carrol
Go to Top of Page

Derivative
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - December 05 2011 :  17:47:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Carrol,

Don't know if you are with Support at VPASP or just customers helping customers. For whatever reason, thank you for your help.

The problem was the listboxes for country and state. I've used VPASP since version 3.5. Older version used the full country name and not the abbreviations. For this reason it didn't display the country because United States was not US!

For the state, it was an easy fix, I just set XincludeStates to NO and listbox changed to textfield.

However for the country, I have difficulties, I need to use the full country name and not abbreviations, otherwise none of the full name countries already in the database would show up. Any trick to take care of this, Carrol, anybody?

Thanks
Al
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - December 06 2011 :  04:33:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Al,

you're welcome. I'm just a customer helping other customers, and unfortunately I haven't upgraded to v7.0 yet, so the code I have for shopcountries.asp displays the country names not abbreviations in a dropdown list. Perhaps they have changed something in the new version to display abbreviations. If you open shopcountries.asp and look for the <option> tags you should be able to see how the dropdown countries list is populated.
Perhaps someone else can clarify if the developers changed this.

Regards,

Carrol
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00