Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Order confirm emails not going out..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dlenos
Starting Member

20 Posts

Posted - November 17 2011 :  16:44:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
one of my clients used to get emails on product purchase sent to them and the buyer. At some point that stopped. I checked evreything I can think of - contact us emails go out fine, welcome/registration emails go out fine.

What did they change to prevent the order confirmation emails from going out to the buyer and themselves/merchant?

Thanks

dlenos
Starting Member

20 Posts

Posted - November 17 2011 :  16:54:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
opps... they have 7.01 plus pack

i assume that includes the option pack?
Go to Top of Page

dlenos
Starting Member

20 Posts

Posted - November 17 2011 :  17:00:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
looking a the 7.01 zip file .. readme for option pack is there... says this

Installation
1. Unzip all files into the VP-ASP installation directory.
2. Most files are new or replace dummy versions
3. Use VP-ASP Configuration to set the Option Package facilities on or off

To use Template mailing set xemailwithTemplates="yes"

Question: I set the xemailwithtemplates to yes

Use VP-ASP Configuration to set the Option Package facilities on or off <--- where do I do this?
Go to Top of Page

dlenos
Starting Member

20 Posts

Posted - November 17 2011 :  17:32:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Narrowed it down some more... we only allow paypal, so I set it to allow other - check for example. Order went thru and worked fine... merch and cust got email confirmations.

So, it appears it does not email when paypal is the payment option. They are using pp express .. simple option.. any ideas?
Go to Top of Page

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - November 23 2011 :  03:08:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i thought your issue is becoz the people after paid using paypal did not click to return back to the store and causing the final payment in shopthanks.asp did not able to load. that shopthanks.asp contains the script to send emails, so i suspect that the people did n't click to return back to site after paid by paypal.

Diego.
Go to Top of Page

Ray69
Starting Member

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - November 24 2011 :  05:43:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

I also raised this issue with support. When using Paypal in this way it would be good if the merchant email is sent when the customer clicks to go to PayPal page.

That way you get the order confirmation even if the customer does not return to shopthanks.asp

Also if the customer decides they do not want to pay at the paypal page you have a heads up to chase quickly for alternative payment.

I think this would be a chargeable customisation. I am not sure how much work would be involved. It would be great if it was switchable between the two options.

Edited by - Ray69 on November 24 2011 05:46:07
Go to Top of Page

dlenos
Starting Member

20 Posts

Posted - December 06 2011 :  21:12:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks to all .. Ray69 agree, i thought it worked that way actually...
Go to Top of Page

osgolf
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - December 08 2011 :  01:15:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've noticed this too when someone chooses to pay using PayPal instead of credit cards on my site, it will leave the Payment Type field blank if they don't click the return to site link from PayPal's site after they finished paying. So I honestly don't know if it was just an abandoned order on the final page of the checkout and they didn't click cancel payment, or if they actually paid using PayPal. So then I have to spend more time logging into PayPal too see if the customer did indeed pay. If they did, I then go back to the order in my cart and click FINALIZE and choose PayPal from the dropdown as the payment method and submit. This then kicks off the order confirmation and merchant notification emails and fills in the Payment Type field.

While I understand the whole issue that the customer might not return to my site once making the actual payment on PayPal's site, it would be really nice if when they click the Pay By PayPal button on my final ordering screen that the submit action on that button would at the very least update the Payment Type field with something like "PayPal - Pending" so as the admin, I know they chose to pay with PayPal and probably just didn't click the link to return to my site. It just gives me a better idea of what might be a true actual order opposed to someone going through the entire process up to the point where they're going to enter their credit cards or paypal and instead they leave my site.

It doesn't sound like a major adjustment. Just add and update SQL for that orderid on the submit action of the PayPal button and then have it post to PayPals site after that?

Just a thought..

Edited by - osgolf on December 08 2011 01:16:24
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - December 08 2011 :  01:53:02  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi guys,

If you use the PayPal IPN module and switch on auto return then it is very easy to verify completed orders without needing to log into PayPal.

The IPN will auto update the order record in your admin with the PayPal transaction ID and then you just need to run the Finalize Order feature to process it as if they did in fact return to your site.

Hope this helps!

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/vpasp

Did you know VPASP now offers premium Cloud based ecommerce web hosting?

Ask me for more details on how we can help you with a complete solution
to your online needs.
Go to Top of Page

osgolf
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - December 09 2011 :  09:23:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Cam,

I guess I'm a little confused. We have the latest Deluxe version of the cart and used the PayPal install/config instructions that came with it so I'm not exactly sure what the PayPal IPN module is although I've seen references to it in this forum? Is that something different than what came with our shopping cart? If so how do I get it or where do I find it?

What's the difference between the IPN and what came with the cart?

Thank you!

Edited by - osgolf on December 09 2011 09:27:18
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - December 12 2011 :  22:09:43  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You can download this from:

http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/vpaspcustomer.htm#gateways

Select the PayPal IPN module.

IPN = Instant Payment Notification

PayPal in the background send an update to your store saying success or fail so the order is updated even if they do not return.

The defualt built in version does not do the auto update,

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:

Did you know VPASP now offers premium Cloud based e-commerce web hosting?

Ask me for more details on how we can help you with a complete solution to your
online needs.
Go to Top of Page

dlenos
Starting Member

20 Posts

Posted - January 09 2012 :  15:17:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where is the switch for autoreturn

quote:
Originally posted by support

Hi guys,

If you use the PayPal IPN module and switch on auto return then it is very easy to verify completed orders without needing to log into PayPal.

The IPN will auto update the order record in your admin with the PayPal transaction ID and then you just need to run the Finalize Order feature to process it as if they did in fact return to your site.

Hope this helps!

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:

Did you know VPASP now offers premium Cloud based ecommerce web hosting?

Ask me for more details on how we can help you with a complete solution
to your online needs.

Go to Top of Page

Rudi
VP-CART New User

Australia
57 Posts

Posted - January 11 2012 :  02:39:22  Show Profile  Visit Rudi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I believe the auto return settings are in the paypal options i.e goto www.paypal.com and login to your account.

On the right hand side there is a box called "my account tools", there is a link under that called my business setup, click that.

Then there should be a box called "Customise my buyer's experience" with a button called customis, click that.

you will see the AUTO Return option there. Click it, turn it on.

It will ask for a return URL put: http://www.MYDOMAIN.com/paypalresult.asp

Regards,
Rudi
Go to Top of Page

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - January 14 2012 :  03:12:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just to remind any of you using paypal IPN with auto return.

In the paypal merchant setting (at paypal site) when you turned on "Account optional" and "auto return" in the paypal merchant, then the auto return will not return automatically when your customers do not login to Paypal during checkout at your store.

For that case, the customers can only click to return to your site as it will not auto return.

this is also mentioned by paypal themselves.

Diego.
Go to Top of Page

dmbroucek
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - January 15 2012 :  13:10:08  Show Profile  Visit dmbroucek's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We too are having the same difficulty as others when customers fail to see the very small “Return to Homepage” instruction at the end of a Paypal transaction. It is not even a recognizable button, but rather has the appearance of an underlined point of interest topic that someone may or may not desire to strike and find out more. Failure to strike Paypal’s “Return to Homepage” instruction results in the failure of the VP-ASP cart to finalize the order, and in our case, promptly deliver eGift Card PIN(s).

As Diego (diegomilito) clearly stated in his January 14 2012 : 03:12:37 blog posting, the selection of Paypal “Auto Return” is negated by the additional Paypal selection of “Account Optional” (the ability for non-Paypal customers, without a Paypal account, to pay with a credit card). Unfortunately that negation contravenes VP-ASP’s customer support solution instructions all along to set up Paypal’s “Auto Return”. Instead, it now becomes imperative to depend on a customer’s strike of Paypal’s obscure “Return to Homepage” for a VP-ASP transaction to finalize. However, the IPN as we see it, is still communicated, the customer is charged, and the financial transaction completed, as far as Paypal is concerned.

Given, if that is truly the case, would it not be possible and rather easy for VP-ASP to use the IPN notification received from Paypal as the “trigger” for finalizing (at least Paypal) orders within the VP-ASP cart, rather than depend on 100% of the customers locating Paypal’s “Return to Homepage” instruction and clicking on that demand? Because, exiting Paypal’s payment page any other way, either by closing out the page, or using the back arrow, results in a “paid for”, but unfinalized order.

Dan B
Go to Top of Page

Ray69
Starting Member

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - January 22 2012 :  14:07:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will again add my voice to the request for this either way through IPN trigger as above or preferably for me when the customer clicks to go to PayPal page as below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

When using Paypal in this way it would be good if the merchant email is sent when the customer clicks to go to PayPal page.

That way you get the order confirmation even if the customer does not return to shopthanks.asp

Also if the customer decides they do not want to pay at the paypal page you have a heads up to chase quickly for alternative payment.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

If the email for cheque orders can be fired off at this page then I can't see it being a big job to change the code to send the PayPal order emails.

Ray
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00