Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Purchase gift certificate x get gift certificate y
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lori Titus
VP-CART New User

144 Posts

Posted - November 16 2011 :  00:23:19  Show Profile  Visit Lori Titus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am curious:

I am seeing a lot of businesses offer gift certificates with "bonus" certificates as an incentive. For example, purchase a $25 gc, get a $5 gc for free. Has anyone been able to implement this into VPASP? Other than by doing everything by hand?

The Internet's #1 supplier of honey and beeswax.

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - November 16 2011 :  03:56:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lori titus, try using Xcartspecialhandling set to Yes, and enter value for Xcartspecialhandlingfield. you maybe find out the usage of these configs from the vpasp manual.

Diego.
Go to Top of Page

Lori Titus
VP-CART New User

144 Posts

Posted - November 18 2011 :  10:25:47  Show Profile  Visit Lori Titus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When I use xcartspecialhandling on a gift certificate, the system views the free item as "another product". When you purchase gift certificates, you can purchase only gift certificates - you cannot have "another product" in your cart. It actually crashed on me, and I had to restart my browser to get back into the shopping cart!

I tried setting up a coupon to use specifically with gift certificates. However, the system seems to be set up such that you cannot use a gift certificate or coupon to purchase a new gift certificate.

I'm hoping maybe Simon will chime in here with a "we have a solution for that"..... However, I'm guessing his multibuy app won't fit the bill, either.

The Internet's #1 supplier of honey and beeswax.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00