Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Slow loading web pages
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - September 30 2011 :  19:51:33  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It might be coincidence, but after recently changing from an Access to a SQL database, I've noticed a big slowdown on my webpages loading, especially my home page.

I know many things can cause this, like image sizes, code, etc, but none of this changed recently, just the database type that runs the shop.

Can anyone suggest a good way to trouble shoot this issue. Feel free to go to www.redco.com and see what I mean. This home page takes a lot longer to load than usual.

Redco Audio
www.redco.com

Renners
Starting Member

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - October 04 2011 :  12:23:43  Show Profile  Visit Renners's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's slow for me took 9.97 seconds to load home page, I'm using Failed Request Tracing on IIS 7 at the moment to great effect http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/266/troubleshooting-failed-requests-using-tracing-in-iis-7/ though I haven't checked what you are running on.

There's plenty of settings to play with both on IIS and in VP-ASP so if you're not sure what your doing submit a ticket!

Regards,
Phil.
Go to Top of Page

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - October 04 2011 :  15:48:40  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I'll take a look at this.

Redco Audio
www.redco.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00