Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Google feed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

neatstuff
Starting Member

USA
23 Posts

Posted - September 07 2011 :  10:10:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to get some feed back on this new Google feed that supposed to start Sept 22nd. Is this mandatory and if you don't do it will you get punished by getting placed on page 5,000? Also, Google has something else new called a "shopping database" Where you have to enter the UPC code for each of your products? Both these projects are going to take a lot of time to complete and I wanted to get some feedback from the forum

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - September 07 2011 :  14:32:25  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'd like to know what other people think about that too, so if anyone on the forum has any views/experience in it, then please do post here.

In the meantime, seeing as this is a question that we get asked all the time, I thought I'd create a knowledgebase topic for it on our site, so here's my 2 cents' worth:

Is it worth the effort of getting a google product feed (googlebase) done?:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/support/issue_view.asp?ID=1666

(summary answer "yes, definitely, but probably not for the reasons you might think")

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
www.BigYellowKey.com
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/bigyellowzone
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - September 08 2011 :  14:06:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately the feed changes are compulsory and you have to adapt your feed to the new rules.

The penalty is not having your items in G Products and potentially having your whole feed blocked.

Sorry guys if you want to have your feed in place then you've got to adapt.

If you sell clothing then that is even harder. Whereas before you could have one item for a product that came in 4 sizes and 4 colours, you now need a parent product and 16 child products, each with the UPC or MPN.

It worth doing, but as you rightly point out it is hard work.

Steve
Sex toys from a UK sex shop including vibrators and dildos.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00