Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Move logo to center
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

accetnsbeads
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - August 09 2011 :  16:41:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is it possible to float the logo box to the top center instead of to the left, and if so which file would you need to edit? Thank you in advance for your help!!

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - August 09 2011 :  17:31:05  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here are instructions from the Design Manual:

2.3.3. Modify The Header Logo Container Manually
In Layout Manager, you can setup the company logo through the Header Logo Container. See chapter 2.1.1.1
Header Logo Container for more information. The default position of the logo in the front store is located in the top
left.
VP-ASP Shopping Cart, Version 7.00 13 October 2010
Design Guide Page 53/127
If you wish to modify the logo manually, you need to modify the template file shoppage_header.htm located in the
folder “templates\default-2cols” (if you are using 2 column) or “templates\default-3cols” (if you are using 3 column).
Please follow these steps below :
1. Open file shoppage_header.htm using text editor.
2. Locate the codes below :
<div id="vp_logo"><%logo%></div>
3. If you want to remove the logo, simply delete the codes above.
If you want to move the logo to another position, then please move the codes above to somewhere in your
site that you wish to display the logo.
Note : You need to always move the whole string including the id, as the id is recognised by Layout
Manager.
The id name that containing prefix “vp_” indicates that the object is used in Layout Manager in the
administration. While id without prefix “vp_” would be a general CSS statement.
If you are including the whole <div id="vp_logo”> <%logo%></div> rather than only <%logo%>, that way
the Layout Manager can detect the location of your logo in the Layout Manager administration panel.

Redco Audio
www.redco.com
Go to Top of Page

accetnsbeads
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - August 10 2011 :  14:43:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you for that answer, but I am still having issues with the position. What code do I need to include to have the logo in the top middle of the header? I tried align center but it did not work for me. completely new to html. Thank you for your help!

rebecca osterman
Go to Top of Page

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - August 14 2011 :  22:14:40  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've just tried figuring out how to make this adjustment and I cannot make it work. I would recommned contacting the Helpdesk on this. I tried adding center alignment tags, etc. to the code they mention above, but no luck so far. I can't see anything in the existing shoppage_header that explains how the logo is on the left and how to adjust the code to center it.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Redco Audio
www.redco.com
Go to Top of Page

lazeydneffa
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - August 15 2011 :  00:53:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

You can try this css trick:

1. Open layout.css
2. Find .logo class.
Change from:

.logo {
float: left;
margin: 24px 0 0 8px;
overflow: hidden;
}

to

.logo {
display: block;
float: none;
margin: 24px auto 0;
overflow: hidden;
width: 300px; /* width of your logo */
}

This should position your logo to the center of your logo. Make sure you disable the right utility box first.
Hope this will help.

Thank you

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00